Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Tranny P1850 error code

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:02 AM
greatwhite is on a distinguished road
Default Tranny P1850 error code

I know lots has been discussed about this. My vague understanding of this is some oil port was undersized by GM and a fix is available. but I was wondering if anyone has ever tried any of thoes speciality Lubricants like Lucas Oil.

Transmission Fix

Product Description

Lucas Transmission Fix stops slip, hesitation and rough shifting in worn transmissions and completely eliminates most seal leaks. An excellent preventative maintenance product. Use also in light duty manual transmissions to increase shifting ease and transmission life. Lucas Transmission Fix has a polymetric film which renews worn bands to stop slipping. It cleans and lubricates sticking valves for proper shifting and controls heat and foaming. This product will extend fluid life up to three times longer. It completely stops most seal leaks and results are usually immediate. It is the perfect preventative maintenance product to stop initial wear in newer transmissions, and is a must for motor homes, towing vehicles and all other hard working transmissions. Compatible with all transmission fluids. Will not void new car warranties and contains no harmful solvents.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Beginning Member
daddytech is on a distinguished road

I ALWAYS use lucas in everything. I use Mobil1 with lucas engine treatmen, synthetic transmission fluid with lucas ATF, and synthetic gear oil with lucas addative in it as well. the only thing i don't use Lucas in is the fuel system because every 3rd tank i put in a can of Sea Foam. I started using that after i saw the inside of a motor that used it regularly, almost NO carbon build up in that motor and i've used Mobil 1 since i started driving cars and it's always served me well the Lucas addative is just for protecting the top end on cold starts and it also works very well.
i know this post is over a year old now but i hope it helps answer your question still. Royal Purple is just as good as Mobil 1 but its more expensive.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 AM
greatwhite is on a distinguished road

I wonder if using Lucas, might improve this problem. My understanding of this problem is basically there is a oil port that is undersized. Better lubrication might help.