Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

trans issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009 | 07:24 PM
suckyblazer! is on a distinguished road
Angry trans issues

heres the deal...i've got a 96 4.6 4x4 blazer. lately, you hit the gas, the rpms rocket up, and horsepower seems to go down. it will not shift into 1st until it feels like it, and there is just no power behind the gas pedal anymore. this has been a fairly recent problem, i dont want to have to drop the tranny if i can help it. i've put more trans fluid in (it was low) but that doesnt seem to be helping. any suggestions????

Old 05-01-2009 | 07:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What is it doing exactly? Is the transmission slipping? What do you mean by horsepower goes down?

Old 05-01-2009 | 07:42 PM

sorry, i'm not exactly the best at wording this...but heres a shot. when accelerating, the rpms will jump in the normal way, but there is no power. when it finally gets ready to shift, the truck lurches forward and then slows back down. the trans isnt so much slipping as hesitating.

Old 05-01-2009 | 08:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds more like an engine problem than transmission. When was the last time a tune up was done?

Old 05-01-2009 | 08:10 PM

never, to the best of my knowledge. my ex was useless. theres also a small leak in the radiator. could this be part of it? i'm trying to troubleshoot this before pouring money into the piece.

Old 05-02-2009 | 01:54 AM
Beginning Member
1995 Blazer is on a distinguished road

i have the same problem with my trans its not downshifting to first it might even be taking off in 3rd if the fluid is dirty and looks black and dirty your tranny is shot if its clean it might be a shift solinoid