Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

transmission help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road
Default transmission help needed

I was driving to the junkyard, when my truck shifted into neutral. It was still in D but when I rev'd it, it went nowhere. I stopped and checked the fluid, which was a quart low, refilled it, but still nothing......Still isnt moving. I got a tow home, and had to damn near floor it to get it into the garage. I took the pan off, since I bought a new gasket and filter anyways......Is that how the fluid is supposed to look? Isnt it supposed to be pink? There is no sediment or metal shavings, so there is still hope, right?

What should I look for under the tranny since the pan is already off? It had the 1-2 shift issue, but still worked....I NEED HELP!!!! What can cause this?!?!?!

EDIT: I went ahead and put the new filter on, and refilled with fluid. I used dexIII and she still isnt working. Its doing the same thing as before....there is a buzzing/ rattling noise coming from the front of the tranny/back of the engine, when in drive, and reverse, but quiets when in park.....could this be a bad pump?

Attached Thumbnails transmission help needed-sep17065.jpg  

Last edited by hotrod413; 09-17-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: additional info