Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Transmission Puking Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Beginning Member
SteveCZ28 is on a distinguished road
Default Transmission Puking Fluid

In my 97 s10 blazer awd i got a check engine light...decided to get it checked out and it said something olong the lines of the ecu detecting slippage in 4th gear...one of the reccomendations on stuff to check was trans fluid...well i pulled the dipstick and immediatly the dipstick started gushing trans fluid everywhere.....my only guesss would be its building excess pressure some how....is there a vent somewhere on thes tranny's? or what can it be?thanks in advance, for any info

Old 10-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The vent for the transmission is located on the top of the transmission case about 1/3rd of the way down from the bell housing and slightly to the driver side of the case. That is an interesting problem...

Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Beginning Member

yea i dont quite understand it either....it slips a little bit..maybe 1-200 rpms while driving at highway speeds...if u pul the tranny dipstick and bleed off the pressure it quits the rpm bouncing or "slipping" so i have no clue whats up with it

Old 10-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Beginning Member

i was thinking about this again....would a cloged transmission cooler cause this? because the previous owner did blow a transmission out of this thing...and im thinking maybe the tranny cooler slipped their mind??

Old 10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is a possibility. I wouldn't expect it to flow up the dipstick tube though. The transmission vent is much lower than that...

Old 10-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Beginning Member

the only vent i found was a line that ran from the top of the transmission case and was tied into a vacuum fitting that goes into the rear of the transfercase...thats literally all i could feel/find on the transmission

Old 05-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Beginning Member
marparts is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Hi,

I cant eather find the tranny case vent. i heart that some kind of pipe spuld run from top of the case to somewere...

yeei - i found the vent. the pipe was bent so no air/fluid could get past.

I last drove my car about a month ago. i think it was slipping a little but i only drve few miles.
Today i wantd to move my car to have better access under the car. I put it in R and gave little gas - nothing happened. I tryed D - still nothing happened.
what should i do to get it working???

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-22-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.