Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Transmission Work before Towing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:17 AM
somedudeintn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transmission Work before Towing

I'm soon going to be moving back to Tennessee from Indiana (finally!!) and pulling a 6x12 u-haul through the mountians. My blazer diddn't have any problems pulling it from TN to IN, but I'm a little worried about my transmission. It went out and got rebuilt about 40,000 miles ago so even though I've got 125,000 on my blazer I figure now would be a good time to drain and add more Trans fluid, and a filter. I was also considering a cooler although I have no idea which to get or even whats really involved in installing.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

BTW 2001 Blazer

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Please refer to the rules of the forum for further information and do not hesitate to PM me to discuss this further.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:17 AM
somedudeintn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Transmission Work before Towing

BTW 2001 Blazer

Old 10-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Adding an auxiliary transmission cooler is cheap insurance against transmission fluid overheating. It is also something that is quite easy to install.

I prefer the B&M SuperCooler line of transmission coolers. I generally get the largest cooler I can fit. The nice thing about the B&M SuperCooler is that it is designed to not allow over cooling of the fluid. It has a viscosity bypass which will bypass the heat exchanger portion of the cooler when the fluid is cold.

And it would not hurt a thing to change the fluid and filter, but if it still looks nice and red, you probably do not need to.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

add the cooler and have a nice trip