Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

trnsmission fluid leaking and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Beginning Member
metalblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default trnsmission fluid leaking and other problems

sometimes when i pull out of my garage a lot of transmission fluid leaks out. i don't know whats wrong at all. also when i'm driving sometimes it hesitates to go into second gear, but it changes other gears fine. i need help. or an answer.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: trnsmission fluid leaking and other problems

Have you located the source of the transmission fluid leak?

Old 12-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Beginning Member

on the right side. i haven't looked under the car but i'm supposed to get it checked out tomorrow. i'll let you know wat it is. wat do you think it could be? i read something on here about the transmission fluid line not being hooked up tight but idk. just reached 180,000 miles and i had to get another engine because it overheated so that might e the problem. but yeah i'm new to this. i just joined yesterday...

Old 12-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The transmission lines are on the right hand side along with a few other places, but the lines are more likely than the others. Possibly something rubbing against the line, causing it to leak, but that would be a continuous leak, not just a "sometimes" sort of leak. It is possible that during the engine swap, they damaged something.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Beginning Member

well idk wat it is. i haven't gotten it checked out but the transmission is running smoother. why, idk. i think that it would probably be the transmission lines or hoses though.