Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Turns Over, Have spark, Have fuel, Want start??? code P1351

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 04:09 PM
Starting Member
LilC is on a distinguished road
Default Turns Over, Have spark, Have fuel, Want start??? code P1351

2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4 with 5speed Manual Trans.
Had it a few months, 144,000 miles it was throwing 2 codes when I bought it, one for catalytic converters and one for CPP Switch circuit malfunction, ran fine and started fine for few months except every once in a while wouldn't crank on first try but always did on second..... fast forward to 7 weeks ago and after a weekend where on Sunday I didn't drive it @ all..that Monday it would not crank then I roll started it and it fired up, I then changed batteries to a stronger one, no problems for a few weeks then 2 weeks ago it wouldn't crank, after not driving it on Sunday then Monday morning it it wouldn't crank and threw a code for " P1351: Ignition Coil Control Circuit High Voltage" I replaced the Ignition coil and the Ignition coil control module then cleared the codes and it wouldn't crank, I then rolled it off and it didn't crank but then I turned it over with the key and it fired right up... after that it ran and fired up like a dream every time no problem after a few days only the CPP (clutch pedal position switch circuit malfunction) code came back but had no problems with starting till this morning (about 2 weeks later) after yesterday I didn't drive it now today its throwing the p1351 code and turns over but want crank. When I let off the Gas sometimes it will lop a few times like it wants to crank but then dies out..... I'm baffled

Update: Pulled it up the my road with my uncles truck and rolled it off, 1st try nothing, 2nd try then tried the key and it tried to fire, rolled it agian and then tried the key and it tried to fire off, rolled it a 4th time didn't crank but then turned it over with the key and after a few tries then it fired up and idled fine, I put it in 1st and it bogged down taking off. Let it idle a bit then tried and it bogged less. (This is very similar to the last time) Drove it up the road and back and it's still siting hear idling, takes off and runs fine, drove it to the gasstation added a $20 bill to the tank and drove it back home, so far no codes have came back, shut it off and it fired right back up??? I am still baffled. No clue what is wrong with it...

Update #2: the next morning, This morning fired right up, drove to bottom of driveway and stopped @ the bottom to take picture of my waterfall then @ the end of my driveway it stalled in first pulling out (bogging down around 1000 rpm while in gear) had trouble firing back up but it did, I let it idle for a short while ( idle was smooth) on take off it bogged down, I applied more throttle than normal and was able to take off, up to speed it ran ok, maby not perfect, codes showed up for Ignition coil module high voltage and cpp switch circuit malfunction, still bogged leaving next stop sign, drove the long way to work and by the time I got there it was running fine....??? Wtf

Last edited by LilC; 06-22-2021 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Update,
Old 06-24-2021, 03:12 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

IMHO could all be related somehow.

CPP switch may inhibit starting until sensing correct position. If you have a bad switch or bad wiring it could cause all sorts of problems.
Not sure if it would kill the engine when running. (Should not IMHO as it is a starting safety - but I'm not a 2nd gen Blazer guy.)

As you have a code reader you should be able to read the parameters from the Blazer.
Check voltage at the ECU before starting, during starting and when it runs. If able crosscheck with a voltmeter at the battery for a first general check.