Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Two engines in one blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:23 PM
greenblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two engines in one blazer

I have two 4.3 liter engines, one is in my blazer and the other one is sitting in the garage. I am wondering if it is possible two mount the spare engine in the back of the blazer and run the rear wheels and let the front engine run the front wheels. Has anyone ever tried this? Theoretically it should double the power that is why i want to do this. Also is this a practical thing to do?

Old 05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
swdockter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Two engines in one blazer

[sm=why.gif]

Old 05-02-2007, 09:10 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

I mean I guess you could, but it really wouldn't be cost-effective to run.... Also, you would lose all your rear cargo area. I don't know what else to say. Why would you want to do this? Just outta curiousity.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:28 PM
sickrat is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL swdockter

Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 PM
erauto is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT!!! WHY!! can you imagine the noise in the truck. I dont think It can be done cheaply, https://blazerforum.com/micons/m12.gif

Old 05-03-2007, 05:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It most likely can be done...

I mean, here's a thread from another forum I'm part of:
94 Olds 442 Twin V6 (3800rear/3100front)VIDEO & 1/4 time

And I do believe he is now running two supercharged 3800 engines in that car... It's been awhile since he's updated it.

Anything is possible with time, money, and enough inginuity.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Starting Member
pilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure it can be done with a year or so of work and $10,000-$20,000 worth of parts and labor. But almost anything can be done by throwing enough time and money at it. What you'd end up with is a vehicle that's a curiosity but has no resale value and is a continual job to keep running and functioning.

As a friend says, "The WHY question occurs to me."

Old 05-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, unless you've got a lot of money and time, and another vehicle you can rely on; I wouldn't bother. No real reason for it.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:17 PM
nbwebb is an unknown quantity at this point

you have to be kidding...... that would be the biggest waste of time and money ....that would never work or run or even be hardly possible....... WOW.....DO NOTstart that project.... you will ruin your truck and it will never come together....

Old 05-06-2007, 11:55 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

Someone once did that with a Dodge K car...I think it was a Shadow. I remember reading it in a forum I was a member of years ago. I think more so than anything it was a huge pain in the butt! They had to put two gearshifts in the center, which meant they had to remove the center console. They also had to remove the rear seats in order to fit the thing, but I don't think it would be a problem with your Blazer. What I do know, however, is the reason they did it was to have an all wheel drive K-car, whereas 4-wheel drive blazers are alot more common.

I remember them saying they dumped a bunch of cash into it and when I looked at it then, it was quite trashed. There are much simpler ways to increase horsepower without wrecking your truck. Sell that motor and buy a larger motor, or perhaps a turbo kit or something of the like? I'm sure if you're actually considering doing as venturous a modification as dropping a SECOND engine into your truck, you could figure out how to turbo, or even twin turbo, your truck.

Quick Reply: Two engines in one blazer