Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Vaccum hose ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Asvie is on a distinguished road
Default Vaccum hose ???

I have a 96 4 door 4wd blazer that I that I replaced the engine in with an engine from a 98 2door 4wd. The truck and the replacement motor ended up sitting the better part of a year and a half and I ended up replacing the fuel and water pumps up instaling the new motor. Can anyone tell me where the vacuum hose from the pcv goes? the motor has a slight lope and cylinder number 5 seems to be running lean..but I cant find where this hose goes and i want it to be completely right so I can eliminate the injector poppet as a problem for that cylinder. also its start a little ruff but isnt throwing any codes.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This should help:

Old 10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Asvie is on a distinguished road

not quite from that pic I cant see the vacuum hose off the pcv assembly..I need something that shows how that assembly and the vacuum ball are connected

Old 10-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That image shows the entire PCV line from the PCV valve in the bank 1 valve cover to where it connects to the upper plenum.

As far as the vacuum ball is concerned, that is a completely new question that was not asked in the original post. But they connect at the same location. It is a 1/4 turn (IIRC) fitting that fits into the plastic upper plenum.

Here is the best image I could find on short notice of the actual plenum marked up to clarify...

Attached Thumbnails Vaccum hose ???-image019.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Beginning Member
96jimmy4.3 is on a distinguished road

swartllk i am having an issue trying to find out what that piece in ur picture is called cause its not the pcv the pcv comes off a hose or pipe that is on that top nipple and goes into the valve cover any ideas the name of that piece that goes into the upper plenum?

Old 11-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Since you already have a thread asking about this, lets keep the discussion there.