Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

what B&M trans cooler do you recomend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Beginning Member
dunontme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what B&M trans cooler do you recommend?

I want to help extend my trany life, I don't tow or off-road. What B&M cooler/item # do you think is best for me? Do these come with all needed hardware to install it?

Last edited by dunontme; 12-14-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-14-2009, 11:08 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

If you don't haul anything ever, let alone go offroad, save your money as you really don't need a tranny cooler. Just do the fluid and filter change regularly (~every 50,000 miles) and you should be good to go.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i notice in your sig, that your truck really isn't running very stock, ie; rebuilt Proformance long block, CA Intake, HELIX Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer. do you drive your truck hard at all? meaning, you've done quite a bit of work to her, do you enjoy it? 'cause if you do enjoy playing with it regularly, then you should get a cooler.

as for what size, i've always put in the biggest i could fit in. some vehicles don't have as much room as others, so try and find one that fits. also, have you tried a wreckers for a factory one? these are actually quite large (alot of tube length = larger cooling area) and bolt in nicely. i haven't changed the factory one on my '98 4 door, and i tow alot of stuff-including my 20 ft car trailer with no issues. plus it's the only truck around in the Winter for towing duties.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Beginning Member
dunontme is an unknown quantity at this point

I added all that after market stuff for fun cause I was board and the old engine went out because of my rag issue.. Ive posted that in this section. as far as driving style I like to race to the next redlight but thats about it.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dunontme
I added all that after market stuff for fun cause I was board and the old engine went out because of my rag issue.
ahhh, i forgot that was you.