Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

what could be causing this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011 | 12:50 PM
|
Beginning Member
ben97blazer is on a distinguished road
Default what could be causing this?

hey guys, my 97 blazer seems to have a problem, when i drive it down the road if u push the gas pedal in a quarter way it barely moves, then half way it kicks in a bit, then 3/4 of the way it starts to go good? i dont know what it could be, could it be the tranny or what? thanks guys

Old 09-28-2011 | 02:19 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

erm, might sound dumb, but have you recently purchased this vehicle/and or new to driving it? Because they aren't as sensitive on the pedal like newer cars, it takes a little to get her going. At least mine drives similar to this ( though its been a good month since I've driven her, darn college).

Old 09-29-2011 | 11:03 AM
|
Beginning Member
ben97blazer is on a distinguished road

i bought it a week ago for $1000, i love the truck and i think its some what normal but my friend who drove it said it felt a little weird. thank you so much though!

Old 09-29-2011 | 04:14 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

sorry to say these arent sports cars... sounds about right. now if you press the pedal and rpms go up and you dont move, that can be an issue.
i know mine is a slow pig.

Old 09-29-2011 | 06:41 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
sorry to say these arent sports cars... sounds about right. now if you press the pedal and rpms go up and you dont move, that can be an issue.
i know mine is a slow pig.
Slow Pig? lol Come on now, you gotta give the 4.3 a little more credit than that. Nice truck By the way, mine is the same color as yours w/o the stripes.

But yeah, no doubt it takes a little push to get her pushin though.

Last edited by FsTFwRd; 09-29-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2011 | 08:25 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

slow= 4.3 is great but...no hot rod
pig=my little piggy loves it some gas (mostly my fault)

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:56 PM

slow= 4.3 is great but...no hot rod
pig=my little piggy loves it some gas (mostly my fault)
right, the time I notice a bad hurt in MPG is stop and go. which touches the title of this thread.
I get a good 18 on the highway now that its running right again. Thats stock height and tire size over here though.. How much did your MPG go down after the lift and the mod bug bite?

Old 09-29-2011 | 10:48 PM
Beginning Member
slaughterbaby is on a distinguished road

yeah i agree with them. i would have to say if i dont actually just want it to go and make it go its gonna just putt putt up to speed. Its not a tap the gas kinda truck unless youre saving gas

Old 09-30-2011 | 02:43 PM
BF Veteran

i would have to say its a little hard to guess, at least 10 percent drop if not more.
with the larger wheels the computer is off, so the mpg avg on the overhead is off i am sure, it says 18-20 on highway and 15 in city. i don t think that is right at all.
i know i fill up about 1-2 times a week depending on running for my job and personal use.

Old 10-01-2011 | 11:56 AM

i would have to say its a little hard to guess, at least 10 percent drop if not more.
with the larger wheels the computer is off, so the mpg avg on the overhead is off i am sure, it says 18-20 on highway and 15 in city. i don t think that is right at all.
i know i fill up about 1-2 times a week depending on running for my job and personal use.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I know it takes a little more push to keep the bigger tires rolling.

Quick Reply: what could be causing this?