Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Why won't it start?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
chip002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why won't it start?!

I have a 1995 S10, and I just can't get it to start. In the past three weeks I have replaced the following: fuel pump, fuel sending unit, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, distributor cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, ignition control module, and the ignition coil. I have also replaced the alternator and the battery within the last year. I love my blazer, but I am really ready to push it into traffic. The starter engages and the engine turns, but it will not start. Any ideas?

Old 04-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Why won't it start?!

Have you tested fuel pressure? Even with a new pump, if there is a problem with the fuel distribution internal to the engine, it can cause a no-start. Fuel pressure is the first thing to check on the CPI motors. You need 55psi or higher for the engine to properly start. If you test the pressure and it is in excess of 55psi and still no start, then monitor the pressure after you turn the key off. If it drops to zero, you have a leak somewhere in the system. With the CPI system, this is most likely either an FPR failure, or leaking internal fuel lines.

If you find that the fuel pressure is either not adequate or leaks down quickly, check out the how-to in the DIY section.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Russell.Thompson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Why won't it start?!

I have a 03 blazer when I turn the key to the on postion I hear it pressure up so I know i'm getting fuel.see if you can hear the same noise if not check the the fuel pump relay or any other fuses in the engine compartment. If you are getting fuel do what swartlkk says. to see if you have the right pressure. if you only get 54 or less PSI that pump fails.