Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

WTF is wrong man? Too many parts has been replaced!!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:04 AM
yazan84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WTF is wrong man? Too many parts has been replaced!!

Ok WTF is going on with my blazer I've recenlt mentioned how my truck loses it speed quick and feels that there is some sort of resistance that holds it back.
I've got new cat converter, new front bearing hubs both sides, new fuel filter, air filter,pvc valve, and spakr plugs, wire, cap & disr has been replaced in late Oct 2007.
and it still losesspeed so quick, the transmission feels like it's shifting fine to 2nd, 3rd & 4th speed. I'm not WTF is going on. and the brakes aren't dragging?

Can somebody tell mewhat else I could check?

One thing I'd note that as soon as I take my foot of the gas, the rpm gauge goes down quick too!!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: WTF is wrong man? Too many parts has been replaced!!

Have you checked the parking brake cable and tension? Could be partially engaged causing the resistance..

You say the tach drops quickly...quickly enough that its not downshifting as it should be?

Old 02-07-2008, 12:17 AM

I think it downshifts but this happens at any speed I could be doing 35 mph and the speed would drop quick... it feels more like it's braking!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:20 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

When was your last full brake service? Could have a caliper sticking, or a seized drum if you have them..

Any noticable smells from any of the wheels after a longer drive? How is each wheel's temperature after you park? Is any one wheel hotter than the others? This could point you to which wheel you should inspect first if it is indeed a brake issue.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:23 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

What happens if you throw it into "N", will it still slow down or coast?
What year, model etc...

Old 02-07-2008, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran

Yea I was trying to think of a way to eliminate the trans from the equation. Could the t-case be a potential problem? If it still has a problem in Neutral, the t-case is still turning correct?

Old 02-07-2008, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

put the x-case in neutral and see what happens

Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 AM

x-case? do you mean the 4x4 system?

Old 02-07-2008, 12:53 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

yes, x-case = transfer case

you can put the transfer case into neutral by pressing the 2HI and 4LO buttons at the same time. i believe you have to hold them both down for a few seconds but im not positive.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:57 AM

it's mentioned somewhere in the car manual, I'll look over it. and i'll take it on monday to check my brake system.
thanks anyway

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTF is wrong man? Too many parts has been replaced!!