Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

77 K5 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Beginning Member
Woot! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 77 K5 Questions

Hey guys,

Haven't posted here in about a year but just have a few ?'s so rather than starting a new thread I figure'd I'd dig this one up.

So, I got the tranny in and it was acting quite weird right up front. It drove for a little while (15 minutes) but it kept acting like it was out of fluid but the dip stick showed that it was right on and finally it just wouldn't move at all. So, I parked it and it's been sitting for about a year and now that it's summer here I want to get it going. So my questions are this:

1. Is it possible that there is air in the fluid cooling lines?
2. What else could be causing my machine to be doing this?
3. Will 33x12.5x15" tires fit stock without a lift?

Thanks for the help!

-Kevin

Old 04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to a new thread in the Full Size Tech section. The new member area is for new member introductions and not tech questions.

Where did this transmission come from? What is its history? Was the torque converter new?

33" tires will need to have at least a 3" lift to fit. 33x12.5's may need some fender trimming even with a 3" lift (mine did).

Old 04-28-2009, 09:29 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Is the tranny slipping? If so then you will more than likely have to pull it.
33"s will fit with a 2.5" lift. 32"s will fit with no lift. 33"s with fender trimming.