Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

83 k5 AC HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Gamikatsu is on a distinguished road
Default 83 k5 AC HELP!!!

Hello all!

First post, Great Site!!!

I have an 83 k5 blazer, 5.0 Carb'd, Edelbrock carb, SM456 trans, Factory AC.

everything is intact int his truck, however, AC doesn't work. Clutch is getting power, and seems to be engaging, and i have tried to do a R134 conversion, (system was drained due to a cracked hose, since repaired). the R134 adapters, (small metal threaded adapters) seem backwards to me. the lower hose, (Condensor outlet) took the large adapter (high pressure???) and the Accumilator took the smaller adapter, that my R134 fill hose connects to. this seems backwards to me, but it won't thread on any other way. i put r134 in until the specified pressure, and the clutch started getting power as it should, (On off cycles). are the ports i'm referring to, correct? i'm really trying to avoid taking this thing to a shop to fix, i am quite capable of doing all maintenance and mechanic work myself, and don't like dealing with shops. Any help will be appreciated. i can include pictures later of what i'm referring to if needed.

Ed/Gami

Last edited by Gamikatsu; 05-19-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So by "AC doesn't work", you mean that you are not getting cold air out of the vents inside...?