Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

84 Blazer Back Window

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member
Ol' Rusty is on a distinguished road
Default 84 Blazer Back Window

I've got a quick question... Just installed a new motor and transmission in the back window. The regulator sits untouched as it has since I bought the truck. Now, I will say the back window was just sitting half open/shut when I bought the truck a few weeks ago. Everything is working as it should, EXCEPT, the window is about half an inch low on the driver side when the passenger side hits the top. How do you adjust it? Regulator? If so, how? Thanks, Jeff.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the regulator isn't into the track on the bottom of the window on one side. There are rollers on the ends of the regulator arms that should fit into tracks which are bolted to the bottom of the window.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Beginning Member
daddytech is on a distinguished road

if it's just not going all the way up and is an electric window you may be able to put one hand on each side od the glass and ease it the rest of the way up then when you roll it down the next time then back up it should go all the way up. if it's a manual deal then if it stops half way up it may be either off track or the gear may not have been put back on right to allow it to go all the way up.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Sounds like the regulator isn't into the track on the bottom of the window on one side. There are rollers on the ends of the regulator arms that should fit into tracks which are bolted to the bottom of the window.
Yes sir, it is. All of it is installed. It almost seems like its just a couple of teeth off (per the regulator). It goes up and down fine, its just off at the top a little.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the regulator has jumped out of time arm to arm, that probably means that the regulator itself has been tweaked pretty badly. You would have to remove the regulator to get a good look at it before attempting to repair it. Just a hint, there is a bunch of spring force against the arms of the regulator!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Beginning Member

If the regulator has jumped out of time arm to arm, that probably means that the regulator itself has been tweaked pretty badly. You would have to remove the regulator to get a good look at it before attempting to repair it. Just a hint, there is a bunch of spring force against the arms of the regulator!
I agree... Figured that out taking the transmission out of the donor door I bought. I'm just glad my hands were clear . Anywho, there's no telling what happened to the truck before I brought it home. The tailgate appears to be in good shape. I'm figuring it must have jumped timing as you mentioned. Seems to sound the closest to correcting the problem...

Old 06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Beginning Member

Oh yeah, here's a picture of the truck!

Attached Thumbnails 84 Blazer Back Window-img00153%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Here are some pictures I took of the extra power window regulator I have. The way that the arms interact is very similar.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Beginning Member

Here are some pictures I took of the extra power window regulator I have. The way that the arms interact is very similar.

Yep. Looks the same as mine. I guess my question is how do i get them back in sync?

Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Administrator

The first picture shows the strap that is supposed to hold them down. You would need to remove that and flex one gear past the other until the arms are level with each other.

Quick Reply: 84 Blazer Back Window