Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

91' 5.7L Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member
Chopsaw is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by THePaRaSiTE5771
What fixed the problem?
Intake had a slight leak, I rebuilt the TBI , and that was cheap to do .
I let the truck sit for about 24 hrs after putting it back together , then re torqued the intake bolts again bout 40 lbs.
Check all your vacuum hoses as well, any cracking or chalkiness replace them. infact i would recomend replacing all of the vac hoses that come off the back of the intake, the premolded one's going to the carb and egr i left alone but i tested them to make sure they weren't leaking. runs like a champ now
Also if you have a oil leak you can't track down there is a good possibility it's the oil sending unit that lives below the distributor. once the thing fails it will give you an erratic pressure reading and the oil will begin to go right through it .

Last edited by Chopsaw; 04-07-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Beginning Member
Chopsaw is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by duallylaid
Always be mindful of the ole heat core also. Check for dampness on the carpet right under the dash on passenger side.
well mine didn't have any dampness on the floor however i noticed on the bottom of the firewall in the engine compartment there was , the other morning it started to fog the windshield so heater core is getting replaced now too.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Bigmoose153 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chopsaw
well mine didn't have any dampness on the floor however i noticed on the bottom of the firewall in the engine compartment there was , the other morning it started to fog the windshield so heater core is getting replaced now too.
Same, mine turned out to be the heater core, noticed water on the ground.... It leaked inside and out the passenger door sill.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Beginning Member
duallylaid is on a distinguished road

Ah yes. They are so fun to change too right?