Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

91'fullsize blazer 4x4. need help please!! brakelights wont turn on

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 05:36 PM
DecaYedZombiE is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 91'fullsize blazer 4x4. need help please!! brakelights wont turn on

the brakelights wont turn on. ive checked the bulbs they r good and making good contact. i think it may be the brakelight switch. does anyone know the color of the powerwire coming into the switch from the fusebox? on the switch it has 4 wires. 2 grey together and orange and white together. i wanted to check n see if any power was going to the switch. any help would be appreciated. or could it be a bad ground????

-thanks

Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do your turn signals work? If so, I would really suspect the brake switch.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:23 PM
DecaYedZombiE is an unknown quantity at this point

problem fixed. dunno what it was but they jus started working all of a sudden.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

lol i hate crap like that

Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Beginning Member
trustyrusty is on a distinguished road

I had a similar problem with my 91.
All lights (inc. directional) worked except right brake.
The problem was a connection on the right side of the steering column that came loose. This is where the signal from the brake switch and the directional/flasher blend together.
Thank god for wiring diagrams

Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Beginning Member
Hooligan is on a distinguished road

Uh, do you have a copy of that diagram?? lol Everything works on mines except the rear driver side brake light! I thought maybe it was a ground, but not that I saw this who knows DOH!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Beginning Member
trustyrusty is on a distinguished road

Hooligan,
You've got mail

If your turn signal works on that side it is not a ground problem.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks! I've been trying to find an on-line manual or pdf for this but haven't come across one yet...guess I'll have to give in and pay the $20 for a real service manual lol

Something with the wiring is def screwy now. When I turn the truck on the wipers come on..and stay on I pulled the fuse out for now, so hopefully I can figure these electrical issues out by the time I get new floor in.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Beginning Member

OK, here's the deal... lol

Headlights off, R and L turn signals work fine
Headlights on, L (driver) turn signal works fine, R signal flashes but the hazzard/reverse (?) light alternate flashing as well. WTF causes this?!?! Could it just be something dumb like a bad bulb?

I haven't had a chance to mess with the wipers yet again either, has that happened to anyone else (wipers come on, won't go off...ever.)?

Thanks guys!

Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Bad connection/ground in the light.

Quick Reply: 91'fullsize blazer 4x4. need help please!! brakelights wont turn on