Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

k5 pissing me off

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010 | 09:49 PM
|
Beginning Member
nortonii is on a distinguished road

i replaced the map and took a tbi off my van witch runs fine and put it all on my blazer no change now every sencer is new no vac. leaks good on the gas side of things all grounds good new ecm what the hell could make her cout out so bad after worm up ooo yea timing @ 0 with wire un pluged and the egr is not it help me please

Old 12-11-2010 | 09:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, you should dig into the wiring. The sensors could be perfectly fine, but if the wiring isn't allowing them to properly communicate with the ECU, it will act just the same as if the sensor were bad.

Old 12-11-2010 | 09:41 AM
Starting Member
helo is on a distinguished road

Check for bad ground on the CTS wire harness; clean up the manifold and ring terminal with sandpaper. Then check the rest of the wire bundle =).

Old 12-12-2010 | 02:53 AM
|
Beginning Member

well i took the oile cap off to day and found wite oil onder the cap now im thinking head gasket strange symtoms thou but the intake gasket was just replased so im puling it and rebulding

Old 12-12-2010 | 07:53 AM
Starting Member
Z71_Guy is on a distinguished road

pull your dipstick before you condemn the heads gaskets, that white oil on the fill cap can just be caused by condensation.

Old 12-12-2010 | 04:42 PM
Starting Member
helo is on a distinguished road

Yeah I consistently get that yellow/white paste on my oil cap. Compression check isn't too troubling and I haven't been loosing coolant, so I just wipe it off and cross my fingers. My oil doesn't look milky when I change it, either.

swartlkk's probably right; wiring. I'd guess a broken sensor wire inside the insulation or maybe bad ground.

Old 12-13-2010 | 07:19 AM
Beginning Member
buffalorider13 is on a distinguished road

i am having thi9s exact problem.. started 2 days ago and now it will barely run. i just drove my girlfriend to work and could not go over 20 mph.. and i almost didnt make it up a very small hill.. Seems like the choke is on

Old 12-13-2010 | 02:19 PM
|
Beginning Member

I have been throu all the wires on hood and in the dash very time comsumming job all sencers good i have a doner van that runs good i swoped all sencers out and no change the dip oil is black I have seen a little water drop on it but i think thats condashion the milky cap this is the first time I have seen this on my cap and I have had the truck for 4 years the onley thing I think it could be is the ful sending unit and I have herd them cause problems but I just dont know. so if I rebuld the 350 I will have all new in and out. I have all reddy replaced the rod bearings and oil pump and im shoure the manes need replaced to and a rebuld on a 350 is a no braner to do.

Old 12-14-2010 | 09:40 AM
IrvJr is on a distinguished road

Check the fuel pump relay. Mine acted up after it got hot.

Old 12-16-2010 | 02:44 AM
|
Beginning Member

tgats kinda funny cuz i was thinking that this morning and replaced it and no change

Quick Reply: k5 pissing me off