Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

Rim swap question s10-k5

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Rim swap question s10-k5

im looking at getting an 82 k5 blazer. it has 35" mickey thompsons on it. i want to save those for the dirt and sand as much as possible. my dilema is i have an automotive tech class that lets us bring our vehicles in and work on them. i drive about 50 miles a day between class and work. so my plan is to get a spare set of rims and road tires. im wondering if the newer 2nd gen s10 5 bolt rims would work. i dont know how many lugs the k5s have to if i knew that would be an easy answer. if they will not or if you guys got a better idea let me know.
thanks

Old 01-23-2010, 12:56 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

K5 blazers are 6 lugs. Unless its a 2wd k5

Old 01-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by abig84
i believe its 4wd. so its 6....what about like a chevy 1500 rim, would that work.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:03 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Im pretty sure that the bolt patterns are different. But not 100%. The newer 6 lugs will fit on the k5s but that hole needs to be enlarged in the center

Old 01-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Banned

for the lockouts right? and newer, how new like could you give me a range of years. thanks

Old 01-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Newer like 86+ which is when GM changed to the IFS front suspension on the 4wd pickups.

Ever heard of wikipedia or google for that matter? It would really cut down on some of these questions.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

alright. thanks for the years i needed them. and yes i checked out google and wikepedia. well lets just say shouldn't always trust wikepidia, here i get accurate info. so i appreciate it

Old 01-30-2010, 12:56 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by abig84

besides that won't fit either. the S10's use the smaller "car" platform bolt pattern. the K5's have the large bolt pattern found on all of the "real" trucks.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:19 AM
blazin8556 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Ever heard of wikipedia or google for that matter? It would really cut down on some of these questions.

no offense but thats alittle messed up to say... you don't always find the correct answers on these sites. i have spent hours on end looking for answers. sometimes if it has been posted here on this site it will show up. this is a help forum right? i have been on here 1 or 2 years and you have answered my questions and for that i am thankful...like i said no offense..

Old 01-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blazin8556
no offense but thats alittle messed up to say... you don't always find the correct answers on these sites. i have spent hours on end looking for answers. sometimes if it has been posted here on this site it will show up. this is a help forum right? i have been on here 1 or 2 years and you have answered my questions and for that i am thankful...like i said no offense..
That response was based off of the posting habits the OP has displayed recently. If looked at in this thread alone, it definitely can be taken the wrong way.

I understand what you are saying, but K5 information is ALL over the place. Correct or not, educating yourself allows you ask better, more meaningful questions rather than just asking the simplest of questions (and often very vague) followed up with more simple questions or even more vague information. If you don't know what it is you are asking the questions about, it makes it more difficult for those of us to answer.

And at the very least, know what it is you are asking the question about. The OP isn't even sure that it is a 4wd truck he's asking all of these questions about...

Quick Reply: Rim swap question s10-k5