Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

Someone HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 PM
mpatton is on a distinguished road
Default Someone HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

There was an old threa that was my problem to a T and then there was no answer so here i go trying a new one. I have a 94 fs blazer 1500 w/350 and when it shiftsinto second gear it spits and spudders. Nowi have changed everything that i can think of and i have had 4 or 5 guys take a look and it baffells everyone. It acts as if it is an electrical problem cause if i attach a trailer and put a huge loadon the truck then it blows the gauges and parkin lights fuse and if i dont it runs great till shifts and goes ont lower rpms under load only. Now when it is cold it doesnt do it as much but still does it. It doesnt have like a specific time or anyting but does it all the time it has no code and i have changed,2sets of plugs and wires ,distributor,hitch electrical , left rear stop lamp and fuel flter cleaned throttle i mean i have done it all. i also noticed burnt and fused together wire at alternator but seamed to fix that also changed alt. now someone pleaseeeeeee help.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Starting Member
helo is on a distinguished road

Sorry but can you explain the problem more clearly? I read that 3 times adn I'm not sure I comprehend your issue... And have you set the timing?

And 5 guys? Like 5 shops, or just 5 dudes? I can find 50 dudes to look at my truck who'd all be clueless...

The fuse blowing is probably bad/incorrect trailer wiring or maybe incorrect trailer wiring to the connector on the blazer. Seriously, just don't hookup the trailer wiring if you can't figure it out or pay a shop to fix it...

Old 03-17-2011, 10:37 PM
mpatton is on a distinguished road

OK I am sorry i was just really excited to see that the same thing was happening to someone else or happened to sorry, OK The reason that it blows fuses is because when i have a trailer it puts an additional load on the lights and electrical system and that is why it blows. I already thought of the trailer wiring but i have replaced the connector and it happens with any trailer.I have had 5 shops to look at it and they have giving me a random of things that it could be. I have changed all of them, one guy put it on a machine and he said that the map sensor and the egr sensor are putting out high outputs which tell him that is a vacuum leak and to spray this stuff on the intake manifold to see if it is a small leak or crack in it so i did that and nothing. I have also changed out the plugs,plug wires like three times but please ask any question i am sure i have changed it.