Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

Who uses a transfer case brace?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Beginning Member
mefast is on a distinguished road
Default Who uses a transfer case brace?

does anybody have pics of the brace from the two holes on the transfer case[205] to the pass side bellhousing bolt?

Old 01-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Beginning Member

Anybody out there?

Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

haven't really messed around with the FS K5's much, and only ever saw 1 1st gen with a brace.

try sending Kyle (swartlkk) a message, since he has a '74 K5 project truck.

he might have the info for you. but give him a few days to reply, he gets kinda swampped around here sometimes.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Np203, but I could take a look at some point.

Chris, please do not recommend people pm me just to get me to look at their thread. My inbox is busy enough as it is, I don't need impatient people pm'ing me as well.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Beginning Member

thank's,all the pics that i have found were the brace to the frame.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Starting Member
Z71_Guy is on a distinguished road

If i ever get down to my parents ill take a look at mine, i have a 85 and im pretty sure i know what brace you are talking about

Old 01-31-2011, 03:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, sorry about that Kyle.

i was actually thinking about editing it a little while after, but got side tracked & forgot.

even though you tell people to give someone a few days, doesn't mean they'll listen.

won't happen again brother.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:27 PM
BigBlockBlazer is on a distinguished road

Why do you need pictures, it's just a bar with two pieces of flat steel for mounting. You can easily fab one up in under an hour.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This is the best I can do for now. Maybe this weekend I can get a better picture, but we're getting snow right now and are supposed to get dumped on tomorrow in to Wednesday.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Mighty Mouse is on a distinguished road

The older 205's went to the frame. The 208 and 241 had the bar to the trans bolt. Some had them and some didn't.

Quick Reply: Who uses a transfer case brace?