Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

Who uses a transfer case brace?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Beginning Member
mefast is on a distinguished road
Default Who uses a transfer case brace?

does anybody have pics of the brace from the two holes on the transfer case[205] to the pass side bellhousing bolt?

Old 01-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Beginning Member

Anybody out there?

Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

haven't really messed around with the FS K5's much, and only ever saw 1 1st gen with a brace.

try sending Kyle (swartlkk) a message, since he has a '74 K5 project truck.

he might have the info for you. but give him a few days to reply, he gets kinda swampped around here sometimes.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Np203, but I could take a look at some point.

Chris, please do not recommend people pm me just to get me to look at their thread. My inbox is busy enough as it is, I don't need impatient people pm'ing me as well.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Beginning Member

thank's,all the pics that i have found were the brace to the frame.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Starting Member
Z71_Guy is on a distinguished road

If i ever get down to my parents ill take a look at mine, i have a 85 and im pretty sure i know what brace you are talking about

Old 01-31-2011, 03:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, sorry about that Kyle.

i was actually thinking about editing it a little while after, but got side tracked & forgot.

even though you tell people to give someone a few days, doesn't mean they'll listen.

won't happen again brother.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:27 PM
BigBlockBlazer is on a distinguished road

Why do you need pictures, it's just a bar with two pieces of flat steel for mounting. You can easily fab one up in under an hour.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This is the best I can do for now. Maybe this weekend I can get a better picture, but we're getting snow right now and are supposed to get dumped on tomorrow in to Wednesday.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Mighty Mouse is on a distinguished road

The older 205's went to the frame. The 208 and 241 had the bar to the trans bolt. Some had them and some didn't.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who uses a transfer case brace?