General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

01 blazer and 99 ford explorer???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 AM
filoblazer is on a distinguished road

hi
im kinda new here and just wondering are the ford explorer the same as the 01 blazer?? The body is kinda the same but just different motor, just curious

btw are the ford explorer another name for blazers?

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-18-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

totally different manufactures, the only thing in common is they are both small suvs

Old 01-18-2010, 07:13 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Is this a serious question?
Chevrolet and Ford are 2 completely different companies. They don't share parts, they don't share frames. The only thing in common as qtip said is that they are in the same class (small SUV). They are NOT the same....not even close. You should be careful posing a question like that on a Chevy forum lol. People might get offended

Old 01-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Yeah the Explorer is Ford's version of the Chevy Blazer, or vice versa, however you want to look at it. Both are available in 2 door and 4 door, 2WD or 4WD, V6 engines. Blazer has a pick up version called the S-10 which is on the same frame as the Blazer. Explorer is on the same frame (I believe, could be wrong) as the Ranger. Both the S-10 and Ranger are small trucks and had a 4 Cyl option engine. They are similar in those qualities, but thats about it. The actual engines, drivetrain, components, etc. are completely different.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

HA . One thing I do like about the explorers would be the 4.6. Its a great motor which I think my 4.3 lacks in the power department for being such a big 6.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:05 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

One thing that I found odd is that Explorer have models with a smooth V8, does anybody know Chevy doesn't have V8 in 2ndīs Blazers?

Is it common with V8 engine in the Trailblazer (3rd gen)? In Sweden we dont got any V8īs in Blazers besides SS models but the SAAB 9-7X is it pretty common with the V8.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:40 PM

the explorers with the v8's were larger ones
they are mid-sized suvs. the new trailblazers are also mid-sized now too

Old 01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by packofqtips
the explorers with the v8's were larger ones
they are mid-sized suvs. the new trailblazers are also mid-sized now too
Are you really sure about that? I got a friend that have a Ford Explorer -99 with an V8 and itīs pretty much the same size as mine Blazer. He got a 2nd gen Explorer and according to him itīs not unusual at all in US with Explorers with V8īs.
With new Trailblazers, do you mean the model after ours? If so, is it common with V8 in that model?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:22 PM

the 4.6's come only in the larger mid sized explorers the 5.0 explorers were slightly bigger than our blazers

Old 01-19-2010, 01:23 PM

i dont think chevy offers a v-8 in the trailblazers except for the trailblazer SS

Quick Reply: 01 blazer and 99 ford explorer???