General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

1999 Blazer Wiper Motor...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 01:01 PM
tcice2k is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 Blazer Wiper Motor...

I am a car idiot so sorry if question sounds dumb lol..I have a 1999 Blazer and my wipers dont work. The passenger one stopped totally then about a month or so later the driver side totally stopped working. I checked fuses which are fine, then someone told me to unbolt the arms then reconnect, well that didnt work either. I dont want to spend unnecessary money to have it not work so any assistance/guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Also are there 2 motors or just one?

Last edited by tcice2k; 09-17-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

There is just one motor with linkage that connects the two arms. If only one works, and you've tried tightening the arm nuts, you'll need one of these: Buy Dorman - OE Solutions Windshield Wiper Transmission 602-213 at Advance Auto Parts

Old 09-18-2013, 04:18 PM

I understand your reply, however neither of them are working. The passenger died then about a month or so later the drivers side died. So neither are working.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

If/when only one side works: the transmission is the only thing that can cause that. In your case, the passenger side pivot failed first, then the driver side failed. If both sides fail at the same time, it could be the transmission, the motor, wiring, switch etc. If you can hear the motor working, the transmission is the problem.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 PM

i havent heard anything even when i try to turn them on. Pure silence

Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 PM
kajida is on a distinguished road

Lol this is kinda funny... I just found a pretty good website for auto parts. Check out Rockauto.com... The same part that Captain Hook just linked is between $43 and $63 from them depending on which one you want... If it's a pulse motor, then they have that too, under electrical.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by tcice2k
i havent heard anything even when i try to turn them on. Pure silence
If the motor doesn't come on, then you have two problems. A bad motor will not cause only one side to work.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:35 PM

oh great you made my day now lol

Old 09-19-2013, 04:38 PM

Sorry to ruin your day... I'm just explaining how the thing works... or doesn't

Old 09-19-2013, 04:42 PM

no problem i was just joking. so you think it is the motor and the transmission?

Quick Reply: 1999 Blazer Wiper Motor...