General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2000 Blazer 4.3, 2Door 4x4, VERY high idle after trying to install cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 11:09 PM
Beginning Member
Extracrucial is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer 4.3, 2Door 4x4, VERY high idle after trying to install cold air intake

Hi, my 2000 blazer 4.3 two door 4x4 was idling fine before I tried to install a cold air intake by spectre, the piece that mounts to the top of the throttle body has a space that requires higher up scree& nut placement and while putting it on I have to take off the nuts on these 3 screws around the throttle body, all but one came off this one is stripped along with the screw it’s on bc it won’t come off so the top piece would not properly sit down and around the TB, so I used my factory top piece but my blazer now starts cold & hot at 2000-3000rpm then goes down a bit then goes up and will even start to continuously rise , it seems like it goes down when I’m parked and press in the brake, it goes down when I cut the hot air or AC on all the way up, it’ll jerk into drive and reverse a lot and it’s making a sputtering popping sound when driving and every 8-10sec while idle , it has new NGK Gpower platinum plugs, New OEM plug wires, new battery, I’ve cleaned the TB, I have 3 MAF sensors so I’ve tried to check if one is bad and unplugged the wire an it’ll run worse so my MAF is good I think, all clamps are tight.... i recently broke my pvc hose which was plastic? I made a new one using both ends with a small regular size hose that fit both ends tightly, and the pvc itself is new and you can hear it when u shake it, It’s running with what feels half or 3/4th of the power it’s supposed to, feels like a vacuum leak I had on my 1990 BUT ,one night while I had the original cold air intake top piece on it the first time test driving it , IT DID GREAT , I came home and took out 2 different O2 sensors to check them and cleaned them with carb cleaner and a brush, one in the front and one in the back both on the passenger side, and had to change one last plug also and it started acting like this..... I reset the ECU by unplugging battery the day after it started acting bad, didn’t change anything... PLEASE HELP🤨😢😭😤🤬