General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Shifting issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 08:14 PM
Starting Member
JSuttonSr. is on a distinguished road
Default Shifting issue

Hey I'm new to this site but I have an odd ball on my hands. So I have a 96 chevy blazer I've had it for 2 years it has been very well taken care of while I've had it. She's not perfect or anything like that it definitely had some issues when I bought it but all thats been fixed. Now heres the thing I can start my blazer just fine. I can shift from park to reverse and neutral but when I try to shift from neutral to over drive its hard as hell to pull on it and it wont even go to drive. I'm really not trying to break nothing or mess it up even more I'd just like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. I wouldn't think my transmission just gave up on me because it hasn't shown any signs as to slipping trans or anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 10-07-2020, 11:27 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JSuttonSr.
Hey I'm new to this site but I have an odd ball on my hands. So I have a 96 chevy blazer I've had it for 2 years it has been very well taken care of while I've had it. She's not perfect or anything like that it definitely had some issues when I bought it but all thats been fixed. Now heres the thing I can start my blazer just fine. I can shift from park to reverse and neutral but when I try to shift from neutral to over drive its hard as hell to pull on it and it wont even go to drive. I'm really not trying to break nothing or mess it up even more I'd just like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. I wouldn't think my transmission just gave up on me because it hasn't shown any signs as to slipping trans or anything. Anyone have any suggestions?
Welcome 2 the Blazer Forum! There are a few people on here that should jump in and help you out, Transman and a few others, sorry, I forget their names lol but help will come sooner rather than later