General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2000 blazer runs like it has governors

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:49 PM
heartthrob427 is on a distinguished road
Angry 2000 blazer runs like it has governors

I HAVE A 2000 BLAZER WITH V6 AUTO , RUNS GOOD AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IT UNDER 2500 RPMS , WHEN YOU REV UP SETTING STILL IN PARK OR DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD [pedal to the metal] IT RUNS LIKE IT HAS GOVERNORS ON IT [ revs up and down ] IT HAS A NEW FUEL PUMP , FUEL FILTER , PLUGS , DIST. CAP, ROTOR AND THE COMPUTER HAS BEEN CHANGED [ might need reflashing ]. NO CODES IN THE COMPUTER . FUEL PRESSURE IS 45 PSI. thanks for any help , JIM

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

First, lets turn that CAPS button off... It is not proper forum etiquette.

Now, 45psi from your fuel pump is no where near enough pressure. I am surprised that it is running. Check out the fuel system diagnostic link found in my signature.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartthrob427
...FUEL PRESSURE IS 45 PSI...
I would look into that. Read this post:
96+ Fuel System Diagnosis

Old 05-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Default 2000 blazer runs like it has governors

Hi again , the fuel pump is a walbo and is suppose to pump 100 psi , the fuel regulator must be bad . Right ? Thanks jim

Old 05-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Only way to tell is by checking the pressure at the filter.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:40 AM

HI AGAIN , THIS BLAZER WAS IDLING LAST NIGHT AND IT SHUT OFF ON ITS OWN AND WILL NOT HIT A LICK NOW , TURNS OVER OK BUT WILL NOT START . MY SNAP ON SCANNER SHOWS NO CODES IN THE COMPUTER . FUEL PUMP STILL RUNNING AND THE FUEL PRESSURE IS 52 PSI . [ i was wrong about the pressure being 45 psi ] HOW ABOUT THE USED COMPUTER NEEDING REFLASHING ? THANKS JIM

Old 05-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Beginning Member
Xanth is on a distinguished road

Holy Caps lock Batman....

Starter Possibly? Had a problem like this with my 65 Barracuda, replaced the starter and ignition and was good to go.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

98+ No-Start - Engine Cranks OK - Ignition System Diagnosis

and please, once again, TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:25 PM

hi again , the blazer started right up this morning , runs fine up to 3,000 rpms in park , then when you pull it in gear and try to accelerate it cuts off right then , i got it to rev up to 4,000 rpms one time in park . if you do this enough times it will not hit a lick until it cools off . i am going to check the coil and the coil driver next . thanks for the check sheet . no one has answered my question about the reflashing of the used computer, i did the 30 min. relearn of the security system. any one else has any answers let me know. thanks jim

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM
BF Guru

Why did you replce the PCM and did it come from a Blazer of the same year with the same equipment and options as your's? If not, then a dealer reflash might be a good idea.

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer runs like it has governors