General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2001 blazer for $425

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 04:07 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002
I gave it a look over last night. It only needs:
1. sun visors
2. map light switches in the overhead console
3. a center console lid
4. a door jamb switch
5. seat recline handles
6. dash speaker covers
that's about it for the inside.
exterior appears to need only a good cleaning on the painted parts.
grill is faded badly.
will probably paint it to match the rest of the truck.
driver's side back door is dented but repairable. other than that, not a dent or scratch on the whole darn thing.
amazing.
$30 or so from the scrap yard, and a can of black spray paint for the grill. Not too shabby!

Have you looked much under the hood or under the engine bay?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:06 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
$30 or so from the scrap yard, and a can of black spray paint for the grill. Not too shabby!

Have you looked much under the hood or under the engine bay?
I've barely had a chance to glance at it as I'm coming and going to work. Going to see the Lynard Skynyrd/Kid Rock/Hank Williams Jr. show in Atlanta Saturday night. Then on Sunday it's dinner with the inlaws.
Time is a most precious commodity. 🕒

Old 08-31-2018, 01:00 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I've barely had a chance to glance at it as I'm coming and going to work. Going to see the Lynard Skynyrd/Kid Rock/Hank Williams Jr. show in Atlanta Saturday night. Then on Sunday it's dinner with the inlaws.
Time is a most precious commodity. 🕒
Time and money... Just not enough of both.
Sounds like a great time in Atlanta, though!

Old 08-31-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Time and money... Just not enough of both.
Sounds like a great time in Atlanta, though!
Been to quite a few shows this year.This will be the biggest.

Old 09-01-2018, 05:59 AM
jnybob is on a distinguished road

Here she is. I think it's a good find for the money. Interior looks good. Needs a bath on the outside.
I put my bluetooth scanner on it and the only code showing is P0300. The O2 readings look good but the fuel trims are a mess.
I see $400 worth of parts without opening any doors or the hood. Good buy!

Old 09-01-2018, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by jnybob
I see $400 worth of parts without opening any doors or the hood. Good buy!
Thanks! I manage to find good deals every now and again. I check Letgo and OfferUp daily. Even craigslist once in a while.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:48 PM
Default It's alive. ALIVE!!!!

Turns out it had bad gas in the tank. I let it run almost completely out in the driveway. The lower it got, the better it ran. So I went and got a couple of gallons in my mower can and dumped it in. It was like adding plutonium to the flux capacitor! Idle got smooth. Revved up with issue. Test drove it a couple miles on my street. Everything felt pretty much normal so I went and filled the tank on my way to the car wash. I decided this was a good time to check the rest of the fluids more closely. Good thing I did. Trans was quite low. Bought the big jug of ATF and it took about 2/3 of it. Incidentally, it was the only container of dex vi on the shelf. I kinda felt like Bruce Willis at the end of The Fifth Element when he finds the matchbox with one match left in it. 🤣. Anyhow, there are still issues remaining. It's giving me Lean Fuel Trim codes P0172 and P0174. Time to investigate those.
Thanks ya'll!!

Old 09-04-2018, 05:42 AM
Default Not so fast, eager mcbeaver

So shortly after my last post I go out and fire it up because I'm planning to get tags and stuff tomorrow. And it goes right back to what it was doing before. So I do a little investigating and find that the distributor is loose. Surely, this must be the culprit. So I tighten it down and guess what? No change.
Now I just drove this thing an hour before without issue. Went to the gas station, then Walmart, then the car wash. Stopped and started it several times all through these trips/errands. It gave me no grief. Even took it up to 70mph on the interstate just to see how it drove.
I'm lost at this point. It went from crappy to perfect and back to crappy again all in one night.
Maybe I'll just get some sleep and tackle it again next weekend.
Never had this happen before.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:45 PM

Well the battery was bad, so it sat all week until I could attend to it.
New battery and terminals installed.
As before, difficult to start and runs poorly at that. Seems starved for fuel. I've noticed that you don't hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on (to the position right before actually cranking it up). On my 02 ( and on all my previous s series vehicles) you could always hear the low hum or whir of the fuel pump just before firing it up. But if that's the case, then how does it run at all? Is it possible that the pump isn't getting enough power? The po said he replaced the pump and the injectors. If it was wired incorrectly then I would think it wouldn't work at all. It seriously bemoans me to have to pull the tank. I just got done doing it to my 02 and had serious thoughts about doing something newsworthy when I was done. Anything I should inspect or attempt before I go that route?

Old 09-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Quick Reply: 2001 blazer for $425