General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2001 What is Trailblazer package ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 08:05 PM
Beginning Member
Baddogkuzz is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 What is Trailblazer package ??

I have a 2001 Blazer with Trailblazer package and I have tried the search window and Google and I am not getting an answer But what I want to know is what comes with the Trailblazer package? Is it only trim, sun roof, fog lights? Is there anything different in the suspension? I ask because I noticed the wore out shocks are Bilsteins. And as I check a couple of parts websites it sometimes says parts won't fit a Trailblazer trim package. I have been searching for steering, suspension and shocks and I just want to make sure before I order.
Thanks

Last edited by Baddogkuzz; 03-01-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:21 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the era of the S series the Trailblazer moniker just signified interior and exterior trim pieces. The underpinnings were the same as the standard 2WD or 4WD versions.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Back in the era of the S series the Trailblazer moniker just signified interior and exterior trim pieces. The underpinnings were the same as the standard 2WD or 4WD versions.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. So what's up with the Bilsteins shocks on it?? Did the factory ever put Bilsteins shocks on the Blazer 4wd? Mind you I am the second owner and the guy I bought it from didn't seem like the type to put Bilsteins shocks on it unless it was oem. He would take the Blazer to the dealer for work.

So this a reason to not always trust parts website on what will fit and what won't fit a type or model. Search engines aren't always right. Also when looking for parts it seems that the ball joints are different between the 2wd and the 4wd. I don't get that?

Last edited by Baddogkuzz; 03-02-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:25 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baddogkuzz
...Did the factory ever put Bilsteins shocks on the Blazer 4wd?...
Sure did.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:47 AM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

my 05 base 4wd came with them

Old 03-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Beginning Member

Well by as wore out as these Bilsteins are and by looking at them I am guessing that they have never been replaced. If that is a case they might have lasted 125k because I got the Blazer at 135k they were going bad. Bilsteins have always had a good rep but I have been hearing some negative things from some guys having bad luck with them in the past couple of years. And something about the company changing management or something to do with getting them warrantied. Don't get me wrong I still would like to be able to put another set on my Blazer but they are TOO costly for me. So I am thinking of going with KYB's.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:47 PM
donny612 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by Baddogkuzz
I have a 2001 Blazer with Trailblazer package and I have tried the search window and Google and I am not getting an answer But what I want to know is what comes with the Trailblazer package? Is it only trim, sun roof, fog lights? Is there anything different in the suspension? I ask because I noticed the wore out shocks are Bilsteins. And as I check a couple of parts websites it sometimes says parts won't fit a Trailblazer trim package. I have been searching for steering, suspension and shocks and I just want to make sure before I order.
Thanks
Well I have a 2001 Trailblazer sans sunroof and 2WD but the other interior ammenities, leather, special badging/embroidery and the automatic transmission is shift on the floor/console, but based on other posts and my eperience it's pretty much just a jazzed up S-10 Blazer.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:36 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by donny612
Well I have a 2001 Trailblazer sans sunroof and 2WD but the other interior ammenities, leather, special badging/embroidery and the automatic transmission is shift on the floor/console, but based on other posts and my eperience it's pretty much just a jazzed up S-10 Blazer.
there were a couple years that they built both Blazers and Trailblazers and it wasnt just trim level
https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...20/#post248268

Old 08-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Beginning Member
Joesbeef is on a distinguished road

My 2001 blazer is not a trailblazer, but it had all the bells and whistles. The blazer is an Lt, has sunroof, bilstien shocks, 4x4 with auto awd, fog lights, power seats, alloy rims, ect. Only thing it doesn't have is leather seats. To be honest I have no idea what the difference is from the top of the line Lt and trailblazer besides the name.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:12 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by rexazz2
there were a couple years that they built both Blazers and Trailblazers and it wasnt just trim level
https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...20/#post248268
From model year 2002 through 2009, Chevy used the name Trailblazer for it's SUVs built on the GMT 360/370 platform which was an entirely different vehicle to the S10 Blazer. Prior to the 2002 model year, on the S10 Blazer, the name Trailblazer simply designated an up-level trim package.