New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new guy with trailblazer package..

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:17 AM
j0hnj0hn2k7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new guy with trailblazer package..

hey everyone. im coming from a 2006 acura TL to a 2001 blazer; well maybe its a trailblazer? or a blazer with a trailblazer package? i dunno lol.

i am only paying $2k for the vehicle from a reputable mechanic friend of mine. It is a 2001, black on black leather, sunroof, onstar, heated seats, memory seats, MINT BODY like brand new..

downside? yea, it has 170k miles on it. im not too worried though; it justs has to last me MAX 2 years. im sure ill have no issues; plus ill be saving about $900 a month between insurance and previously paying around $500 as month for my car.

is 177k miles really really bad? like to the point where i have possibly made a bad choice? the car is KBB at like $3500-5000 in its condition with those miles.

also, the cool thing is now my job offers accessories for my car; not like with my acura lol i work @ wooddashexperts.com.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: new guy with trailblazer package..

Welcome to the forum from New Zealand.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Starting Member
97ssblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

the 4.3L is supposed to be good but mine only lasted 145k same with my trans and balljoints... oh and my rear diff... but i have a 97 so hopefully they fixed the bugs by than

Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Karnyboy92 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 97 blazer approaching 170k miles and the trany was rebuilt 2 years ago by the previous owner and the engine runs fine. The only bad thing is my a/c is shot and was quoted at $800 to fix and ive all ready spent $130 on it

Old 08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
972DRBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to forum. the miles are only bad depending on how well it was taken care of

Old 08-21-2008, 11:43 PM
j0hnj0hn2k7 is an unknown quantity at this point

well after some close inspection at the vehicle; ive found some things that are bothering me lol:

1. The red/white pinstriping that runs the length of the car. I am worried if i remove this it will leave a discolored black underneath that wont match the rest of the vehicle.
2. The driver door panel is coming off of the door itself. I can see the plastic pins are all messed up and I will have to try and get those replaced. Cheap; as I have read but still a pain.
3. The front bumper is literally seperating from the front fender. This one is hard to explain. IF the front fender and bumper are meeting together, they touch flush. The bumper on both ends is gapped and the tips are pointing down. I am worried that maybe someone backed into this car and caused this. What can I do??
4. There are no floor mats.
5. Only one foglight works.
6. There are numerous dings, scratches and marks around the car and its BLACK. Wondering how much a cheap, but decent, paintjob would run.
7. Missing the On-Star Antenna on the outside glass and the radio *****.
8. The front headlights seem loose. Like I can move them around a little; kinda like a loose tooth. I plan on replacing with projectors my job sells but still.

Am I being too picky for a used 2001 vehicle? How much do you guys think all this would be to fix to the point that I will be happy? Also, is it even worth it on a car with 177k miles or would I be wasting money?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

#1 - you could always cover it back up with the pinstriping of your choice, or try to wet sand then buff out the paint to even things back out.

#2 - The door panel can be somewhat of a pain, but everything should be available to fix it properly.

#3 - Probably just an adjustment that needs to be made. If you pull the grill, you should see the attaching bolts. The bumper can be moved around quite a bit to get it aligned.

#4 - Fitted regular carpet floor mats are relatively cheap. I had the formed, carpeted, weather-tech floor mats in my Bravada that were awesome in the winter and looked good in the summer as well. They fit perfectly, but are quite expensive.

#5 - Probably just a blown bulb. Easy and cheap fix.

#6 - Cheap and decent really don't go together when talking about a paint job. You could try to have someone touch it up on the cheap, but with paint and body work, you get what you paid for. Depends on how picky you are.

#7 - It is old analogue technology which is not supported by On-Star anymore so I wouldn't worry about it. You could pop off the outside and inside portions of the antenna and get rid of the box in the back if you'd like and it wouldn't matter one bit.

#8 - Quite often this is because someone did not install them correctly. Most likely, the lower retaining tabs are not in the core support slots.

$2k for a 177k mile, 8 year old vehicle... Well, that is a decision you need to make. If the truck is in good mechanical and physical condition, runs strong, no leaks, and no weird noises, I'd say go for it. You may want to perform some maintenance items on it if you get it (transmission fluid change, oil change, plugs, wires, cap & rotor, etc) for some better peace of mind, but factor that into the sale.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum