General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:22 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mspeedfreak03
looks like the mazda CX-5 lol with a camaro front
The front end looks like a Lexus to me.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:05 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I don't mind the looks of it, as far as cars & crossovers go, but it is sad they used the Blazer name on it. I've always been a fan of the truck heritage the Blazers had.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:59 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

I recommend we all wax our trucks this weekend. Got to make those puppies last.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

This was my response regarding it over on S-10Forum earlier today.

Sadly to me it looks like a Range Rover Evoque and a Lexus RX 350 made sex and all the good parts of the baby batter ran down the butt crack of whichever was the catcher between the two and the new blazer was the resulting offspring.

That is all I have to say about it...

Old 06-22-2018, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

It seems I'm in the minority but I actually like it. I'd need more details, and the chance to drive it myself before forming a better opinion though.

Yes it's a crossover, and not the Blazer that we'd all love to see, but we're a small market. Midsize body-on-frame SUVs are dying, with only the Wrangler and 4Runner/LexusGX left. The target audience is flocking to crossovers so I can hardly fault Chevy for providing another option in that market. No different than the Explorer or Grand Cherokee leaving behind body-on-frame construction in favor of their current platforms.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:48 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I was looking forward to a Colorado/Canyon based SUV. It looks like a Jeep Wrangler or the new Ford Bronco in my future. I would lean more towards the Bronco over the Wrangler right now, but who knows. It just will not be the new Blazer.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:37 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

The new Blazer is FWD or AWD, unibody, and 2.5L four or a 3.6L V6. It looks like a Jeep Cherokee to me. Or a Ford Escape. I was hoping for a Colorado based body on frame with a turbo four, 3.6l V6, or a 5.3L V8 engines with RWD or 4WD. GM--Not another FWD CUV? We want a body on frame Colorado sized RWD or 4WD SUV with a choice of V6 or V8.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:48 AM
Starting Member
canada buffalo is on a distinguished road

Will GMC be following with the Jimmy version?
I've owned two Blazers and an 05 Jimmy Zr2 off-road version, two-door. The latter was my dream vehicle I had to sell for financial reasons. I owned it for 8 years and when I sold it it only had 97,000 km. 2005 was of course the last year for the Blazer and Jimmy. I emailed GM a few years ago and suggested they bring back these models, maybe they listened to me, ha ha. There seems to be no competition in the market for the Jeep CJ. Here's hoping GM will make a rugged looking Blazer/Jimmy for off-road. This new Blazer does look like a clone of most suv's in the marketplace now.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:54 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I was hoping for a Colorado based SUV with the same engine and drive configurations available. This is not a Blazer. I am not knocking the new Blazer as I am sure that it is a very nice vehicle as a daily driver. Now the only 2 options will be Jeep Wrangler or the new Ford Bronco.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Soccer moms across the country rejoice!

Quick Reply: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed