General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 09:16 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

This is a review on the new Blazer from Car & Driver mag. It aligns with my feelings on the new unibody Blazer better than any of the other write up's. They talk about the K5 Blazer and then look at the new Blazer and I don't think they liked it....at LL. GM missed a chance to come up with a Colorado/ Canyon based real Blazer!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...ws&date=062518

Old 06-25-2018, 09:31 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

All hope lost when I saw it...

they killed the blazer with this...

Old 06-26-2018, 12:16 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Small or mid-sized body on frame SUVs have been a dead duck in the marketplace for several years now. People quit buying them and sales are not driven by enthusiasts, but by volume. Chevy killed off the traditional Blazer because of this and that is why it will not be back. If Chevy thought it would sell mass units, they would simply import the Brazilian version.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:28 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I saw this over the weekend.
Not impressed, but I would like to test drive it before all my final opinions are formed.

I always thought we'd see a Colorado/Canyon based like a few of you mentioned.
I'm leaning towards getting a quad cab, ZR2 Colorado... carpet the bed, and place a topper on it. Throw my old Blazer badges on it and Boom! Problem solved.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Strangerock is on a distinguished road

I definitely threw-up in my mouth.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:27 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I am going to go to the dark side and wait and see what the new Ford Bronco looks like and the options it has available.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:51 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

The Ranger is coming soon and they are already talking about a possible 'Raptor' version for the new Ranger. With the F-150 size Raptor now having a 3.5 turbo V6, why not put that same V6 in the Ranger? Now that would fly.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:35 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

On the list of things gm could have done for the new blazer(jimmy):

Old 06-28-2018, 07:50 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Small or mid-sized body on frame SUVs have been a dead duck in the marketplace for several years now. People quit buying them and sales are not driven by enthusiasts, but by volume. Chevy killed off the traditional Blazer because of this and that is why it will not be back. If Chevy thought it would sell mass units, they would simply import the Brazilian version.
I 've been really looking into the "new" Brazilian blazers. I really like the way they look.

Originally Posted by chevyriders
On the list of things gm could have done for the new blazer(jimmy):

I love the look of these... but would definitely put the bowtie on it. Wonder if they would make the box cap removable with the bench seat and open cab like the old beach riders

Last edited by DonL; 06-29-2018 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Couple of words was wrong lol
Old 06-29-2018, 02:12 PM
Beginning Member
Mspeedfreak03 is on a distinguished road

the reason they wont put the 3.5 ecoboost in the new ranger is because it will kill the raptor sales, the new rangers downfall is that its not small, the raptor ranger that was released in thai/aus market was the same width as the regular f-150 (only 3" less wide than the f-150 raptor). then compare that too the Colorado ZR2.... ill take the bowtie all day with the duramax, and there is also no announcement as to if they are going to release the ranger raptor here in the US or even the price!

Quick Reply: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed