General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2WD Blazer Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM
GryphonBlaze is on a distinguished road
Default 2WD Blazer Ideas

So I was recently given a 2WD Blazer, and readin up on here most of you guys have 4WD. Anything I can do to my 2WD that would enhance it performance and exterior-wise. I'm open to all ideas. I'm planning on putting a Squires Turbocharger on it. How well do Cold-air intakes do for performance? I can't really do anything related to off-roading simply because its a 2WD So i have a good limitation to what I can do with the truck, just wanting to secure the idea that its not a total waste of what a Blazer could be

Looking forward to hearing some feedback

Old 10-28-2011, 10:28 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I never understood the idea of lifting 2WD trucks personally. I'd lower it a little bit, and make it a cool cruiser.

Some pictures of it would help us decide, too.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:55 AM

haha alright, ill take some pics of it and see what you guys think. It looks just like a standard blazer, nothing really too special on it. I'll give you guys something to work with.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Is it 1gn, 2gn, 2 door, 4 door, purple, orange, pewter? That's what I'm thinking of using a pic for, to see exactly what you're working with.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:18 AM

2000 Black Chevy Blazer. 4door. Sorry I should have been more descriptive. :P
Looks like my sig.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:25 AM

So you have two of the same vehicle, or this is your only vehicle? First post sounded like you have one, and got another one, so I'm confused now.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:33 AM

Lol, its my only vehicle, I've been working on a motor for it for the past two weeks now and its getting close to being done. I need ideas for when the truck gets to life, what all should I do to it to make it a pretty awesome cruiser. I wonder if performance would be a big difference for these trucks and if they can handle anything performance wise. I work at my dad's automotive shop and he has me training to be a service advisor, so i learn something new everyday about vehicles and am intrigued by how the mechanics work.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:35 AM

OK then. If you're going to turbo a 2WD truck, then personally here's about what I'd do.

Lower it a couple inches. Nothing extreme, but 2 inches should look good still.

Tint the windows. Again, doesn't have to be extreme, but match the fronts to the rear privacy glass and it'll look good.

Wheels and tires. 17's or 18's should look good, and not be so large that you can't put a tire with a decent sidewall on them.

Debadge it. Makes these trucks look a whole heck of a lot cleaner.

If you do all of that right, you should have a quick ride that handles fairly well (better than stock, at least) and looks very cool driving down the street.

Other things you can do are HID lights, LED tails/turns, LED HVAC/gauge lighting, etc. Of all that I've said so far, the wheels/tires are the most expensive.

Also, pics are still helpful.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
OK then. If you're going to turbo a 2WD truck, then personally here's about what I'd do.

Lower it a couple inches. Nothing extreme, but 2 inches should look good still.

Tint the windows. Again, doesn't have to be extreme, but match the fronts to the rear privacy glass and it'll look good.

Wheels and tires. 17's or 18's should look good, and not be so large that you can't put a tire with a decent sidewall on them.

Debadge it. Makes these trucks look a whole heck of a lot cleaner.

If you do all of that right, you should have a quick ride that handles fairly well (better than stock, at least) and looks very cool driving down the street.

Other things you can do are HID lights, LED tails/turns, LED HVAC/gauge lighting, etc. Of all that I've said so far, the wheels/tires are the most expensive.

Also, pics are still helpful.

Another cool looking thing to do on these 2nd Gen 2wd's is get rid of the roof rack and give it a clean shaved look. I would wait till you get it lowered and all to do, because it might look goofy right now still looking a lot like a 4x4..
Not sure if a 4 door Xtreme was made or not, but I passed a really good looking one that had all the Xtreme emblems on it.
From what I could see: Blazer was red, Windows were tinted, Wheels were black with a chrome beauty ring (This was the only chrome on the truck)
It had a carbon fiber hood with 1 scoop that was only about an inch high.. Grille painted to match the paint, Factory turns, heads, and tails. and a single barb wire pinstripe down the side where the factory one used to be.. It looked awesome! clean and not overdone, shame I couldn't get a picture of it.
Oh, and the engine was quiet with a faint whistle.. so I'm sure he had some heat in there

Last edited by FsTFwRd; 10-29-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:07 PM

Laying frame on a DD is pretty dumb, IMHO.

Quick Reply: 2WD Blazer Ideas