General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

87 blazer

Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 PM
87 blazer is on a distinguished road
Default 87 blazer

i got a 87 blazer its got a 2.8L auto in it im looking to do a motor swap but i want to leave the trans in it can some one tell me what motors will mount up to the trans and what you guys recomend can i put a 305 in it and use the same tranny its a 4x4 i want some power and the 2.8L has 266840 on it now still running strong but i want to swap it

Old 07-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The only motor that is worth it to install is the 3.4L v6. The larger longitudinal mount engines will require you to change the transmission as the bell housing bolt pattern is different.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:31 PM

what motors will bolt up to the 2.8L trans

Old 08-01-2009, 03:47 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 87 blazer
what motors will bolt up to the 2.8L trans
read the previous post by swartlkk. the 3.4L will be the best choice.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:13 PM

will that bolt up to the 2.8L trans or no cuz im looking for something that will bolt up to the 2.8L trans i dont want to have to change the trans its a 4x4

Old 08-01-2009, 05:34 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the 3.4L will bolt right up to your stock trans.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:44 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Look for a 3.1 or 3.4 out of a GM car. They will bolt right in... be sure and get the computer and related hardware if you wanna run the factory fuel injection.

Search this Thread