General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

89 Trailblazer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 04:33 AM
FireInMe17 is on a distinguished road
Default 89 Trailblazer?

Ok so I picked up an 89 S10 Blazer 2dr 4x4 4.3L tonight, and the seat says Trailblazer on it. It looks awesome, and I really like it, but I didn't think that Chevy used the Trailblazer name until ~2000. Its completely different than my moms 2003 Trailblazer LT EXT....

Whats the deal with my seat saying Trailblazer on it? I thought that name was really only used on the GMT-360's...

Old 11-27-2010, 06:23 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

They have trailblazer edition Blazers, but I don't believe they had them in 89, are the seats two-tone? It's possible someone swapped them from a newer Trailblazer edition Blazer.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:38 AM

I don't know...those seats look like a carbon copy of the rest of the interior...

Old 11-28-2010, 02:08 AM

Those seats definitely belong in that Blazer....

Back seats to show they all match. And match the doors.

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-28-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Wow that lookis in great shape for a 89. I wish I had that black/gray two tone paint looks great. Good luck if it.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:10 AM

Its got its fair share of problems but it runs great and drives like a dream. Theres a little bit of classic Blazer rust, but nothing that shouldn't pass inspection. So far I haven't been able to even clean it yet so its dirty as all get out. The headliner is falling, and thats about all whats wrong with the interior. You can't tell in the pics, but its got a sunroof installed too. Tilt, cruise, power windows/locks. Rear defrost, tailgate, 4x4, 4.3L rear view mirror reading lamps, digital dash. Heavy duty cooling system. Skid plate, 3.42 posi rear. Its a pretty good Blazer. I picked it up for 1300. I'm just wondering about the Trailblazer designation, haha.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:02 PM

Anyone else have a Blazer that the seat says Trailblazer on it?

Old 12-03-2010, 04:11 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I do buy mines a 2000. That blazer is deffinatly the premium edition of its year. too bad the tire rack is missing. you should probably fix those holes unless you are looking to put another rack on it. other than that really nice older blazer!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:56 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe some one had the seats recovered at some point??

Old 12-03-2010, 09:42 PM

I don't know if I want to put another tire rack on it yet. If I could find one and a wheel to match and just get a cheap tire on it with a cover then yeah I'll do it, but I'm not paying hundreds for the parts when I don't really need them. Other wise I'll fix the holes up. And thanks, its not a bad little truck, its actually really nice and comparable to my moms 2003 Trailblazer in what its got. Its just weird that this seat has Trailblazer etched into it and I can't find anything online about the first gen Blazers having an "uber" trim like this on them, or anyone else with a similar year with the same thing....

And theres no way that someone got the seats recovered or had that put on it, its legit. That seat matches the rest of the cloth on the doors and the rest of the seats in the car, with not only the same style cloth, but they all have the same texture, they were all just as dirty, and none of them are faded any differently than the rest. Plus you can tell the bolts that bolt the seats down haven't been touched either.

Quick Reply: 89 Trailblazer?