General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

'91 Blazer 2 door Yay or Nay

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road
Default '91 Blazer 2 door Yay or Nay

I love my '99 4x4 but I don't like the miles I've been putting on it or the scratches that keep appearing from the college parking lot so I stumbled upon a $500 Blue and Silver 2 door 1991 S10 Blazer. I think it's a 4x4, (people haven't gotten back to me on it) from the front wheels. It has the tbi 4.3 and a 5 speed manual trans and around 160k. They say it has some minor problems but runs/drives good. What do other people think of this? It looks decent, I just want a little runaround that isn't as nice as the '99, it's showing some neglect nowadays. Is there something to be suspicious or wary about on this would you think? I wanted something cheap, being a manual two door is just a major plus. Would gas mileage be better than my 15 mpg with the tbi 5 speed?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Beginning Member
Project_95_Blazer is on a distinguished road

id clarify what the minor problems are. minor, can be alot of things... lol. never buy before driving it either.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Starting Member

I got to talk to the guy selling it, he says it has been sitting awhile but he's driven it around a little and everything seems in working order except he doesn't know if the 4wd works, which is kinda important to me. That and it has 2-3 studs broken off (think it's two but not sure) on the right front wheel and I don't know how to fix that. Is it something simple or does it need like a welder or something? And the hood release is broken but that's not a big deal (no latch, but I think I know what to do) and it may need a battery

Old 07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nineTnine
...... I stumbled upon a $500 Blue and Silver 2 door 1991 S10 Blazer. I think it's a 4x4, (people haven't gotten back to me on it) from the front wheels. It has the tbi 4.3 and a 5 speed manual trans ................ Would gas mileage be better than my 15 mpg with the tbi 5 speed?

that is quite the find, especially with stick.

like project said, i'd clarify what those problems are exactly beofer buying. no sense finding a cheap vehicle, if you're just gonna dump a **** load of cash into it.

as for getting better mileage...............alot of it depends upon you & how your driving habits are. but i know i was getting more MPG in my '92 Jimmy (see sig) than my current '98 LT Blazer-and i don't drive this Blazer anywhere as hard as i did the Jimmy.

besides, the 1st gen's were so much nicer looking!

Old 07-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
besides, the 1st gen's were so much nicer looking!
Amen to that!

Old 07-24-2010, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Studs- take the wheel off, pound out the old stud, get some washers, slide new stud in place, put washers on, put lug nut in place and tighten until studs fully seat, remove nut, repeat until you fixed em all, put wheel back on and crank to 100ft pounds.

you may have to remove the brakes and rotor to gain access behind the hub.

Enjoy the nused ride.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Starting Member

Thank you guys so much, I'm really wanting this Blazer but the studs posed a problem cuz i couldn't drive it home. Now all I'm waiting on is the guy to tell me if the clutch has ever been replaced, I've heard that's a job well out of my mechanical knowledge

Old 07-25-2010, 01:18 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

DO IT! haha

Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Starting Member

I'm scrambling for money but I'm going to try for it. You wanna come with me by any chance?

Old 07-25-2010, 01:39 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Yeah, just let me know when you hear about the clutch.

Quick Reply: '91 Blazer 2 door Yay or Nay