General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

95 GMC jimmy shutting off

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:56 PM
KBrandt71 is on a distinguished road
Default 95 GMC jimmy shutting off

I have a 1995 GMC jimmy 4.3 with the obd2 scan port.

This has been a problem since last winter and have put it off and now im looking to get it ready for this winter.

the car will start fine on first start and it seems to run fine. But as im driving it seems to buck a bit at around 2k rpms but will stay running fine past that and there is sometimes that I come to a stop and when I go to leave the stop it will try to go and then just shut off and not want to restart it will crank and crank but will not start unless allowed to cool down for a while and then will start first thing.

it seems although this theory hasn't actually been tested that when I allow the truck to sit at idle and warm up for a while that it will drive fine and not seem to have the shutting off issue. as opposed to when I start it cold and don't allow to warm up before driving away the bucking and stalling problem seems to happen faster.

I did get a check engine light which was for TPS I put a brand new tps in and I thought it solved the problem because I drove around for a while with no stalling. but today I went to leave and didn't allow it to warm up as much as I did yesterday and hardly got around the block and it shut off on me as I was pulling away from a light. I left it cool down and went back to pick it up where I had to leave it sit and it fired right up and I quickly drove it down the street to my house but after starting and driving away right away cold I got a p1441 code and that is the first I have ever seen that code so I don't know if that is directly linked to my problem or not

any insight on this would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for the help.

Parts I have replaced.... TPS with multiple sensors, MAP sensor also with multiple sensors. ECM. and I cleaned the EGR.