General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

98 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Beginning Member
matts98blazer is on a distinguished road

yea hes not a friend but ive been dealing with him for a while pretty straight forward guy. i thank he has an 2002 and a 2003 trailblazer but im still leaning toward the blazer i like the v6 in the blazer more than i do the straight 6 in the trail blazer. how do 4 door blazers do off road i will be putting better tires on the blazer and probably a body lift not to big on the tires enough tire to go do some mud running in nothing to serious.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member

ive done my far share of heater cores i can do them not a problem there. intake gaskets if i get the blazer im going to go ahead and do this summer if i get it.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Beginning Member

so i test drove it today. no check engine light on or hard shifting that i was worried about the interior looks a whole lot better since he detailed it. its got like a inch of play in the steering doesn’t road wonder stays straight. leaked a little coolant on the driver side sway bar any body know where that’s coming from. i looked down at the intake in the front wasn’t coming from there. held great oil pressure. felt a little under powered to me maybe i am used to my 5 speed mustang. 4 wheel drive does work. got some bubbling on the paint in the back not worried about that. seems like a lot of oil or grease on the steering components. and on the oil filter shield. tranny fluid smelled and look great oil don’t need changed but coming up on one. he said he is going to have his mechanic do a once over and drive it. i can pick it up tomorrow what you all thank. go for it or not it is what im looking for and would love to join the blazer family and by the way drives great other than the steering. hes asking 3000 for it has 112000 miles.

Last edited by matts98blazer; 01-29-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member
goredawn is on a distinguished road

Here is the tcc valve I used in mine TCC VALVE from Teckpak / Fitzall. I would say as a DIY'er, given the option, I would have just replaced the valve body. It takes close to the same amount of wrenching and the results seem superior.

Look around at some other Blazer's, and then come back to that one and see if it's still the right one. If I were to rebuy, I would want a Manual, and the zr2.

If you do get the blazer, and I think you will, open up the intake and exhaust and let her breath better, best first thing you can do aside from maint....imo.

I never babied mine in the woods, and was always ok with the off roading preformance. My buddy has a 2000 Nissan Frontier that is way better suited, in design and such, but I was reasonably ably to keep up...depends on how bad you want it

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Beginning Member

well i bought it lol. he put a new idler arm on it. the coolant leak was from a crack in the radiator he put a brand new one in it for me. new tires. rides great drives great still has alot of play in the steering. i can move the steering wheel where the play is it dont move the tires s im thanking its in the gear box. or a rag joint needs replaced. i can adjust the gear box but i dont want to adjust for maybe a warn out steering part. he said bring it back in on tuesday and he will put back on the lift.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Beginning Member

thanks for the website man i will save intill the day know what i mean.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member
goredawn is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Blazer family