General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Aftermarket interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by chevyblazer9588
Thanks I will let him know that.
No, no, no. ALWAYS use paypal on eBay. That way, you can dispute dispute dispute if something goes wrong! Also, check around your area. About 20 minutes from me, there is a tuner shop that sells quality automotive supplies. Along with selling nice hid kits, they also sell any led imaginable. They also give me a discount for buying in bulk. That's why I've always gone back there when I needed more leds. Plus they warranty their leds as well. Very nice people work there! Just sayin...

(They advertised on Craigslist as well, so that might help track a company down that sells leds)

Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
No, no, no. ALWAYS use paypal on eBay. That way, you can dispute dispute dispute if something goes wrong! Also, check around your area. About 20 minutes from me, there is a tuner shop that sells quality automotive supplies. Along with selling nice hid kits, they also sell any led imaginable. They also give me a discount for buying in bulk. That's why I've always gone back there when I needed more leds. Plus they warranty their leds as well. Very nice people work there! Just sayin...

(They advertised on Craigslist as well, so that might help track a company down that sells leds)
Ok thanks. So auto part or body and accessories shops might have them too?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Starting Member
dano440 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
Me and Thog went with green. I'll show you a few of my led interior lights. And when Thog gets on, he might check in here and post a few pics.

This is my gauge cluster with green leds on the outside and white on the inside.

Map lights

Dome Light

what did you use for your dome light (brand / where to get it?)

Old 03-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by dano440
what did you use for your dome light (brand / where to get it?)
It is a 211-2 Led Festoon Bulb. It has metal connectors on the end and a board of leds in the middle.

Here is what it looks like (Not my picture, but it is similar to this one):

I got it about 20 minutes away at a tuner shop that sells led's, hid's, and aftermarket parts as well. This is where I've bought all my led bulbs because they have held up great so far and they warranty their bulbs also!

As far as online, I'd go with superbrightleds as they have a good reputation for quality and I have never heard anything bad about them.

Last edited by tibby; 03-20-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Starting Member
dano440 is on a distinguished road

thanks do you have any heat problems with them. some of my experiences with LED's is they get really hot?

Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by dano440
thanks do you have any heat problems with them. some of my experiences with LED's is they get really hot?
No, I have never experienced an LED getting hot. They are supposed to stay cooler than the stock bulbs in there.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Only high power leds get really hot. The ones in the pic tibby posted don't really produce much heat at all.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Only high power leds get really hot. The ones in the pic tibby posted don't really produce much heat at all.
Yeah, what Thog said. =P

It's a little bit of a tradeoff I guess. SMT's (high powered leds) create more light but stay a little hotter, regular leds create less light but keep a little cooler. Personally I put in the smt's because I like the extra light. If they are producing a little more heat, I sure can't feel it.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I meant more like Cree high power leds. I've gotten them so hot they have melted the solder holding the wires to them.... (BTW, that is very bad for them, I don't suggest it.)

Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Well I meant more like Cree high power leds. I've gotten them so hot they have melted the solder holding the wires to them.... (BTW, that is very bad for them, I don't suggest it.)
I don't mess with cramming as many leds in one spot as I can. I just want to keep it simple. I don't need to light a stadium in my blazer.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket interior lighting