General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Almost bit it

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road
Default Almost bit it

Well on my way home driving the '95 i was coming to an intersection which the light was green so i proceeded to drive through. out of nowhere here comes a Toyota Corolla blasting through the red light, so I brake hard and the front tires lock up and i swear i was gonna hit her even with turning but some how I missed the Toyota and slammed up on the curb pretty hard and came within inches of hitting a fire hydrant. I got my composure after a second restarted the truck (stalled at some point of this almost accident) pulled off the curb and drover over to the offending Toyota, The lady was very shaken up and we exchanged info and i told her to not work i'll call if there's anything broken on the truck as she said she would pay for it. so i'm at least getting an Alignment as its defiantly out now but i gotta see if anything else got goofed

Old 11-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Damn that sucks! Glad it was only a curb!!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

make sure you notify her insurance as well as yours. if you can, handle it through her insurance so it doesnt affect your rates. I would have them send an appraiser out too just incase. Worst case senarion, you get fudged in the deal, best case, you get any damage fixed, more likely than not you will pull an alignment out of the deal

Old 11-03-2009, 07:03 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

looks like someone was watching out for you ^_^ blazers are one of the worst cars for accidents (says so on the sunblocker flap haha) but yeah that stinks but it could have been A LOT worse

Old 11-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

well checked her out a little tonight and i need to get her into work up on a lift i think its not the alignment but the power steering box i got alot of slop in the sterring now but we'll see when i get in in the air.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

thank God for quick reflexes!

Originally Posted by ABN31B
make sure you notify her insurance as well as yours. if you can, handle it through her insurance so it doesnt affect your rates. I would have them send an appraiser out too just incase. Worst case senarion, you get fudged in the deal, best case, you get any damage fixed, more likely than not you will pull an alignment out of the deal
explain to me how going through your insurace, is going to save you money Curtis?
up here, as soon as your insurance company knows about a collision, you're marked for an increase-even if it's not your fault. at the very least, you'll receive a letter reminding you if anyhting else happens-ANY moving violation (speeding ticket), your rates will go up.
welcome to the wonderful world of "No Fault Insurance" in Ontario.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a lucky escape. Could have bent the rim, burst a tyre &&&&&& hit that damn hydrant! LOL

Old 11-04-2009, 12:44 AM
BF Veteran

nay sir, i said notify your insurance (as per normal) then notify her's. THEN you go through HERS for anything and everything you need. requires that you do a lot of the leg work (calling, setting up apts, etc) BUT the claim goes against her, NOT you. You only notify yours because if she flakes, doesn't have real insurance, they try to play hardball/disappear, then your insurance is already in the loop and you can use them as God intended, to bully HER insurance into covering what you need. At no time tdo you follow up on a claim through your insurance, you only keep them around to go to bat for you if needed.

FTW!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

see Curtis, that's how our system in Ontario used to be. now it all f**ked up.

ahhhh, the good ol' days!

Old 11-04-2009, 11:41 AM
BF Veteran

move to a real country then
Oh btw you wont be able to get a job if you do move, and you wont be able to cover your health care even if you do get a job, and even if you manage to get health insurance, it wont help you at the doctor. Oh and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
stupid canada.... i wish i was canadaian....

Quick Reply: Almost bit it