General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Any 1 Have an Trailer Brake Controller On there blazer ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Default Any 1 Have an Trailer Brake Controller On there blazer ?

Hey guys

I was just wondering how many members on the forum have an trailer brake controllers on there blazers ?

I was planning to convert every thing to a 7 pin plug in the future because 4 pin plugs just suck ....
I also have a friend that has an enclosed trailer with brakes and we are currently making an 15 foot long trailer with 2 axles with brakes ...

I dont think it would hurt any thing to have it. Plus the hills we have here are just terrible .... so it would help a lot for slowing down the truck.

any ways I hope im not the only one whos going to install one into their blazers..

Old 06-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Tekonsha P3 electronic brake controller. IMO it is the flat out best controller ever. Definitely worth the money. The accelerometer control makes for very smooth braking and when you do need to get on it hard, the trailer pulls its weight.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I was looking at the same one kyle

Im glad you posted this

Old 06-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say much about it in the 'what trailers have you towed' thread other than I had it and it worked great. That was over 2 years ago and over 1000 miles through the controller. No jerky stops at all with this controller which can happen with others. Once it's dialed in properly (which is a snap), it's smooth as silk.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:59 PM
BF Guru

Well you get what you pay for I guess.

Ill add this to my wish list. =D