General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:09 PM
jjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

Has any one instaled a HID head light kit on a blazer on want to put a set on my 98 blazerbut i dont want junk I want a set of lights that are better then stock. Im looking for any imput i can get including where to buy a the kit. ( ByHID i dont mean the junk they sell at the local parts store)
Thanks

Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

You could always get a set of projectors. For me they have been a lot better than the stockers. I have brilliant white bulbs in them too.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:46 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i just thought i would throw this out there but do not buy cheap ebay bulbs. i recently acquired a pair of lightbulbs for $4.50 on ebay that said "XENON FILLED" and "HIGH INTENTSITY DISCHARGE".....

i knew full well that they were not HID because i helped my brother in law install true HIDs on his jetta and HIDs consist of more than just a light bulb. the cheap "HID look" bulbs on ebay are not bad but they are certainly not what someone would call bright. they look exactly like a regular lightbulb that has been dipped in blue paint. they do produce a more white light than the silverstars that i had but the blue coating blocks out so much extra light that they are about half as bright as my silverstars.

another option which seems to be cheaper than HID is HIR. more info HERE

Old 11-04-2007, 01:50 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

HID is my next on my plan. I hate the way euro lights (projectors) look on american trucks and love the way HID's look.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I have HID's on my truck. PM me or email me at djrblaze034@aol.comI'll answer any questions you have.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

If you have a 98+ Jimmy, it's easier to do a complete HID conversion.... As the earlier Envoy's were S-series based, and they had the option for HID's and you can get the proper reflector housing for them...

As for the "junk" at the local parts store... That all depends on what brand it is, lol.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

how much do you think the proper reflector housings would cost?

Old 11-05-2007, 04:16 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: nj4x4blaze

I have HID's on my truck. PM me or email me at djrblaze034@aol.comI'll answer any questions you have.
do you have any pictures of this(install and such)? Did you just do the bulbs and ballast in stock headlights? Or did you do it the right way with projectors and all?

I want to do this too but I dont really want to spend the money and the only way I will do it is if I do it right with the Projectors and all.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

You don't need projectors for HID's...

You just need a proper reflector housing...

There's this one truck in town, that's got HID spot lamps, and instead of a nice, smooth reflector, it's got some sharp corners in it...

You can throw an HID conversion kit, into just about any bulb socket, and if you're lucky you won't have too much glare for oncoming drivers... Some regular housings work better than others...

As for the cost of the "proper" reflector housings... It all depends on what you can find on e-bay and such...

I had a bookmark of a company that if you send in a set of every day, regular halogen projectors, they'd drop in HID projectors... The price depended on the quality of projector used... Top notch was about $1000... I can't remember if that included the bulbs and ballasts, though...

Old 11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
gocartone is an unknown quantity at this point

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsupervtec

Susposed to be very good quality from what I have heard from members on another board. I have been thinking about getting some for my Blazer but would never be able to decide between getting high beams or low beams and don't have the funds for both haha.

Quick Reply: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer