General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

awd/4wd/2wd

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:13 PM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: awd/4wd/2wd

Or parts from a Bravada used to fix a damaged part on the Blazer maybe?

Old 11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Banned
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

il put some pictures on soon! i kno im 100 posts into this forum but i dont have time and i goota find a camera maybe in the next few days

[/align]

Old 11-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned

it say caution All wheel drive vehicle do not test on 2wd dynometer

[/align]

Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

ithink they all say that well the 4wd ones anyway, mine dose

Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The 4wd sticker is different than the AWD one. And a 4wd vehicle can be dyno'd on single axle dyno.

If he has the sticker, then it wasn't a repair after the fact unless someone was awful meticulous. This wasn't a documented available option, but I know of more than a few blazers that slipped through with the SmartTrak AWD system.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it was called smarttrack or something, casue when we bought it my uncle whos a good mechenic said it had some special traction system, above what other blazers do(he didnt mean the auto4wd)
and no i mean the stiker that says do not TEsT on a 2wd dyno

Old 11-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Banned

so is my blazer special???? what special features???

[/align]

Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

i think it was called smarttrack or something, casue when we bought it my uncle whos a good mechenic said it had some special traction system, above what other blazers do(he didnt mean the auto4wd)
and no i mean the stiker that says do not TEsT on a 2wd dyno
SmartTrak is the AWD system as it is called for the Bravada. Autotrac is what it was called on the Blazer after '99 that is and the system was identical to that used in the Bravada.

If you have a two speed transfercase (i.e. 4LO), you did not have SmartTrak/Autotrac as this was only applied to the single speed AWD transfercase. Any vehicle with 4LO also has 2HI which means it can be tested on a 2wd dyno and would not have a sticker stating otherwise.

Prior to '97, the AWD transfercase was fulltime with a 35/65 split F/R. In '97, the AWD system was redesigned for better operation. The new system ran in RWD until slip was detected at which time it would transfer power to the wheels with grip.

As far as the AWD system being offered in Blazer's go, I have found that it was an available documented option in '95 on the LT model Blazer. This option was not documented in '96, but still available through special order until '99 where it was again documented.

I thought I had a picture of the sticker from my old Bravada, but I do not. I do believe it is practically identical to the sticker used on my Rainier though.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Banned

so is mine 1 of a kind?

[/align]

Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I doubt it.

Quick Reply: awd/4wd/2wd