General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

AWD burnout?

Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default AWD burnout?

well with the ever so slight possibility that my t-case might be fixed at some point here i was curious..hell Ive been wondering since the tank was given to me.Is it possible to do a burn out in a bravada considering its a AWD? i have been looking on youtube and have seen the 2wd blazers doin decent burnouts and would like to try it but with the AWD i think it might not work..what u guys think?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

NO

When's the last time you san an Audi doing a burnout? Just sayin

Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by oktain View Post
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

NO

When's the last time you san an Audi doing a burnout? Just sayin
lol hey i had to ask..you never know there coulda been a way.granted there isnt but there always was that slim chance

Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road
Old 07-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Starting Member

nice find 84..now all i need is the motor out of a TBSS to fit in the tank and id be set lol

Old 07-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

can't you take a fuse out and do a 2 wheel drive burnout?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:13 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Haha I'll attach a tow strap from my hitch to yours and you'll do a burnout!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by blazerboy001 View Post
not that ik of..hell im still a newb to my own damn truck lol but its always in a AWD state and has diff t-case etc than like a selectable 4wd/2wd blazer(w/ sux when u have to replace it -_-)..in 97 it only came in AWD,in 98 they made a better system that allowed it to run on 2wd till the truck noticed slipage and it would engage the front..but as for just a fuse...i dont think so

Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by zedartwo View Post
Haha I'll attach a tow strap from my hitch to yours and you'll do a burnout!
haha deal..though i might wanna wait till i get mt t-case fixed but that would be fun i'll bring the tow strap XD

Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blazerboy001 View Post
As far as I know, an AWD transfer case doesn't disengage like that on a 4x4... and Auto 4x4 isn't AWD either, it engages the power to the front wheels automatically when it detects that the vehicle's losing traction.

The only way you could do it is put your nose against a wall, wet the pavement and floor it. But that's not the smartest idea either... actually it's really dumb, pretend I didn't say it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AWD burnout?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.