General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

AWD burnout?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazerboy001
I'm not sure about the years, but heres the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdECKPhkQNA
hmm from the look of the rims it looks as if its a 98+..hmm wonder how there able to do that w/ out the front wheels engaging?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Your 4.3L has plenty of power to turn all 4, and light em up. Actually your 4.3 puts out more power than a 70's era 350. The problem is the puter, it controls power management, alter that and your in business.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
i wouldn't say that was a burnout. same goes for the Skyline vid. still some nice action to watch though.

just some rear tire slipage, maybe alot of slipage in the Skyline. the torque split is 30/70 (front/rear) in an AWD, so of course the rears will produce a bit of smoke.

and Hanr3 is right about the computer (not that any of us didn't believe him anyways), why do you think we all want a PCM tune done to our trucks.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

Tell me if it works. worth a look right?

Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Starting Member

Tell me if it works. worth a look right?
hmm i might have to try it out,i will def tell you how it worx blazerboy...now question is how much is the pcm tune? and with a bone stock truck(minus intake/new OEM muffler) would the tune pose danger to any of that? i mean if it changes settings that the motors ran on since 97..couldnt that mess some **** up?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If "Smartrac" can be disabled with just a fuse, then it's not true AWD, it's more like a 4WD "Auto" setup then IMO. A true AWD system like on the TBSS and the Silverado SS can't be disengaged.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Starting Member

I think I've heard the pcm tunes are around $75, but i don't think it will mess much up. it basically changes what the comp. is telling the motor to do. the guys who have it don't seem to have problems with it.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by oktain
If "Smartrac" can be disabled with just a fuse, then it's not true AWD, it's more like a 4WD "Auto" setup then IMO. A true AWD system like on the TBSS and the Silverado SS can't be disengaged.
i am gonna go out and look to see if i have a SMARTTRAC fuse,byut i dont think it does..i do not believe it can be disengaged cuz if i can i def will as i would like the better mpgs of a 2wd

Old 07-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Starting Member

what do you get for mileage? I normally get about 15-17 depending on how I drive. and mine's two wheel drive.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Starting Member

what do you get for mileage? I normally get about 15-17 depending on how I drive. and mine's two wheel drive.
my overhead trip comp says my average is 13.5 but idk how accurate that really is so i sould guess between 13-15mpgs..

Quick Reply: AWD burnout?