General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Back from texas again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:58 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road
Default Back from texas again!

Hey everyone! I went to Texas again. This time took the whole family-1 wife, 1 infant(13 mos), 2 dachshunds, 2 guinea pigs. The trip went better than I thought it would. The blazer had JUST enough room to fit everyone comfortably. I was thinking about throwing some stuff on the roof rack just to open up some breathing room, but I finally decided against it due to gas-mileage and looking completly tacky.

Leading up to the trip, I had a really strong pull to the right though. So I took the truck into the alignment shop at 5:30pm the day before I was supposed to hit the road. I figured that time I got stuck in the mud tweaked my caster(I had to get "popped" out) and it would be a quick easy fix. Turns out, the cable in my tire had come apart all the way around my tire! OH NO! So I go in expecting to spend about 60-70 bucks and came out with two new michelins up front and 300 bucks knocked out of my trip funds!

Those michelins are awesome tires though. On the first, I'm buying 3 more for the back and will be installing them myself to save money. The tires I have on right now are the original tires that came with the truck, so they're about due. One of the tires is a beast though. It's survived a hole in the sidewall and a nail and it's still going strong. I know you're not supposed to run a tire after the sidewall has been damaged, but I patched it up with rubber cement and have had no problems. In the mean time, I've been avoiding any quick movements or offroad situations as well.

Back to the trip though, for the first time I've noticed how cheap the seats feel. They're almost like cardboard. But if thats my only complaint after a 2,300 mile trip I guess I'm doing pretty good. Came up on a few more storms and as usual, the truck handled like a champ! The more and more I put this truck through, the more I love it!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Glad your trip went well! Where in TX did you visit?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:11 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Glad your trip went smoothly!
Hay, where can I get one of those 3 wheel rear ends for my truck.HeHe

Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM

I went to central texas. A town called copperas cove-it's right next to Ft Hood. It was pretty hot out there! Got me a nice sunburn while out there!

I gotta get three for the rear cause I'm replacing my spare as well-I don't trust the one thats on there since it's old and worn down. Otherewise I wouldn't be driving with a tire that has two patched holes.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:56 PM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

HEY! That's where I picked my Jimmy up from! Well near there. Temple. Back in the BOONIES!

Old 07-25-2009, 05:19 PM

Temple is where I was born!