General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bad news for my blazer..

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:17 PM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Bad news for my blazer..

Yep, I remember in HS when I took drivers ed, most of the girls were terribly bad, but from my own experience in driving, and no offense, but asians are terrible drivers, at least a VAST majority of them are, can't say they all are, but most, i've been in countless near accidents from the asian crowd, or the elderly, i'm half filipino myself so don't go off about how i'm racist, please save your breath, sorry about your truck man, glad you are all ok.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-19-2007, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

That sucks dude, glad you're okay!

As for the whole women/men driver thing... They're about equal... The only difference is, girls NOT women, get away with accidents more, because a lot of the younger ones (around here, anyway, I don't speak for anywhere else) have things taken care of by their parents... And male cops are sympathetic to a girl, lol.
One thing I did notice, is that the average girl under the age of 23 will argue until they're blue in the face, that having 3 triples on their way out the door, makes them still legal to drive, lol, most guys admit they had too much to drink...

There's just as many girls on the road as there is guys, BOTH do stupid things as much as the other, guys just get caught more often.

Also, if a younger guy gets hit by a girl, he NEEDS at least 2 witnesses, because all cops and insurance people will see it as HIS fault.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:44 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear about the truck. I'd rather hear about a smashed truck than smashed body parts though.

Has she admitted fault and do you have witnesses?
I just left my lawyers office an hour ago as the insurance company and I have finally come to a resolution, after 6 long years. I had 1 witness.

I could write a couple of pages about people that in my opinion should not be on the road, they include men and women of all ages and races. I will keep that negative stuff to myself and just remain as careful as possible when I'm on the road.
I told my kids when they started to drive that I put it in my head that as soon as I turn the ignition on, someone will try to kill me. Some of them are sneaky and will come at me out of an alley or in my lane around a blind curve, maybe they'll run a red light or forget to stop behind me as I stop for a pedestrian at a crosswalk.
What I'm saying is that I always keep my eyes open and look out for me.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:14 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

that's crummy!!! it's a good thing blazers are built the way they are..t bone accidents are the worst regardless of speed due to the fact that the side is any vehicles weakness.....with as much intrusion as you had....you are lucky you didn't get hurt! Well, at least you had insurance...and can get a new blazer..and everyone is ok....

and as for the whole who's a bad briver and who's not.....this post is NOT about that....you wanna talk about it...take it to another tread...or the best thing would be to let it go...and time you have to pre fix with "I don't mean to offend" you have allready offended someone...LET IT GO!

Old 03-20-2007, 03:15 AM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, thanks guys.

Any idea what the hell broke? Why my back wheel is bent/crooked like that.. what does it look like happend? Axle snapped?

Old 03-20-2007, 03:42 AM
SDimeBlazerlady is an unknown quantity at this point

KLB looks like the leaf spring got ripped out of place..it maybe the axle broke but thinking it be lookin different...[&:]

Old 03-20-2007, 03:47 AM

Yeah, ripped right off the frame? The leaf springs did infact rip from the frame and the bolts that go through them were ripped apart too. Does that compromise the frame? I wouldnt be surprised if the frame was bent.. I am just trying to determine myself if the truck is a write off.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:58 AM
SDimeBlazerlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Frame could be bent..thats alot of force right there..id say it maybe a write off...its 7yrs old..whats the blue book on it?

Old 03-20-2007, 04:10 AM

No idea, here in Canada we go by 'Red Book' value.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:25 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The wheel sitting funny could just be the axle being moved from the broken leaf... If it's only that side sitting funky, though, then you probably busted the axle...

Quick Reply: Bad news for my blazer..