General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bad start

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 11:58 AM
BritishColumbiafishing is on a distinguished road
Default Bad start

Not starting on first crank maybe 3, 4 or 5th, I have lead to believe is a ignition issue, , I have done the spark plugs, lead wires, ignition module, crank sensor, and still not staring great, started to misfire also on a long haul trip...fingers are pointed towards the distributor.?
it's a 2002
any help or input would be great

Old 06-27-2022, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Did you use OEM or high quality replacement parts when doing your tune-up?

I think you're right that it may be related to the ignition system, but just to eliminate it, have you done a fuel pressure test? These trucks are quite specific on the required fuel pressure. There's detailed instructions on how to do the fuel pressure leak-down test in the How-To section.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor

I think you're right that it may be related to the ignition system, but just to eliminate it, have you done a fuel pressure test? These trucks are quite specific on the required fuel pressure. There's detailed instructions on how to do the fuel pressure leak-down test in the How-To section.
a fuel pressure test has been done around 5 months ago, I do have an engine light on that is evap sensor. But I have replaced most of them recently. I used bosche iridium spark plugs not oem

Old 06-27-2022, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor

Fixed er up, and she runs great now, it was a bit of a bitch, I removed the cap, then the rotor with ease, went to go put back in the new rotor and the t15 female thread stripped due to old worn metal, I thew a big glob of leak lock on, let it dry and tried it out...bad idea. Had to.buy a new rotor as the set pins snapped off the bottom, got the oem one threw in a t20 on the rotor on the stipped side and it was sitting in very tight. Got her all back together and we are all good now!
running good again

Old 06-28-2022, 09:56 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Excellent. Glad you were able to find and resolve the problem, and thanks for sharing what you found.

I ran into that same issue when I replaced my intake manifold gaskets. I rebuilt the tab with JB Weld and a nut.