General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer in Bennington

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:00 PM
ncarson1623 is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer in Bennington

Hey another chevy mate,
so i have a few tiny questions about my blazer that i love. one: are LED underglow light illegal in MA, Ny, or VT? ive had some discrepincies between how the law is interpreted. and also when i take my Suv through a huge puddle or a small river, what are the effects of water on the engine components if it is getting very light to medium water exposure?

Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Dude, splash it through whatever puddles you want, water isnt going to hurt your engine unless you are getting into some serious stuff. You could drive through water as high as the tires are tall no prob, just dont go fast. You can probably sink it as deep as when the fan starts slapping the water. You can kiss those goofy neons goodbye though, please dont put those on a blazer for the love of god. I think the difference between them being legal and illegal (at least where i live and it makes sense) is whether or not you can see the actual lights. If all you see is the glow it should be fine. But once you can see the lights it falls under the white/yellow light only visible from the front, and orange/red from the back... If you have a purple light tube visible, thats breaking the law. But if that purple light is up behind you ground effects which are only 2 inches from the ground, then you should be OK cause all you see is the light pool. Notice that the big truckers that have fancy lighting at night always have the colored ones up under the cab and reflecting the color down onto all the chrome? Or inside the grills and vents? Thats cause the DOT would eat them alive if the lights were visible.

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-07-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

I decided to go through a decent sized puddle pretty fast, didnt turn out well. Sucked up water in the intake, engine was bogging very very hard, and had a rough idle. I kept revving it up for a little and then it was fine, but it isnt good for the engine.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ncarson1623
Hey another chevy mate,
so i have a few tiny questions about my blazer that i love. one: are LED underglow light illegal in MA, Ny, or VT? ive had some discrepincies between how the law is interpreted. and also when i take my Suv through a huge puddle or a small river, what are the effects of water on the engine components if it is getting very light to medium water exposure?
Originally Posted by ohsofly
Dude, splash it through whatever puddles you want, water isnt going to hurt your engine unless you are getting into some serious stuff. You could drive through water as high as the tires are tall no prob, just dont go fast. You can probably sink it as deep as when the fan starts slapping the water. You can kiss those goofy neons goodbye though,
Thomas......he didn't say they were Neons..........

as for the water concern......as long as you don't go over the bumper you'll be fine. and like Thomas said, the higher the water, the slower you should crawl.

if you plan on doing deep water (more than 10") on a regular basis, you should look into a snorkel, or @ least modify the air inlet to the factory air box, since the inlet is pretty much right above the bumper.

oh yeah............welcome to the show, from Canada.